[Plugin] EPG Cleaner & Schedule Repair (1 Viewer)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Amazing plugin, been wishing for something like this for a very long time. Channel Nine has been getting worse and worse and forced you to have like 4 different scheduled recording titles for the same show.

Dark Eyes

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2011
    Hello @hurley

I have just discovered EPG Cleaner and I'm trying to set it up to remove New from EPG listings, which occurs as New_ in the Title and New: in the description. However, despite trying both simple and regex entries, I have failed to find an expression that EPG Cleaner finds valid !

Could you be kind enough to let me know what I need to enter please.

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello @hurley

I have just discovered EPG Cleaner and I'm trying to set it up to remove New from EPG listings, which occurs as New_ in the Title and New: in the description.

Hello @Dark Eyes , l'm away from home at the moment but I just tested your objective in the plugin and you're on the right track.

Remember that any time you add or change filters the changes will not be reflected in the guide until it is refreshed. I think this may be what is happening in your case.
    Clicking the Refresh EPG button will clear all of the guide data and tell MP to start reloading it, however this may take some time depending on how many channels you have.
    Personally I set MP up the grab EPG while timeshifting.

I would only suggest to make the regex as robust as possible. If the instances of "New" are at the begining of the line, add the caret symbol and also use the shorthand version of whitespace if required as per below:

Title Filter:
    ^New_

Description Filter:
    ^New:\s

Also note that the filters are case sensitive.
    To make a filter case in-sensitive add the '?i' switch to the start of the regex pattern eg: (?i)^new:\s

Use the filter tester to confirm your regex pattern works.
    Just enter a dummy title/description containing the text you want to remove/modify.
    Select the filter you've set for the task (click on it or the numbered row header).
    Then click the Test button.
    If it works as expected Match will be displayed and the resulting text shown below.
    If Failed is displayed it means the regex pattern wasn't found in the given title/description.

Hope that helps but it may just be a case of patience required or force a full guide refresh using the Refresh EPG button.

Last edited:

mrkk

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Does this still work ? Cause at least in Finland they are adding those nasty age-limits after program name... and of course they can change episode by episode...

If this does not work with 1.17 and future 1.18 could this feature be added to Mediaportal itself ?

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Does this still work ? Cause at least in Finland they are adding those nasty age-limits after program name... and of course they can change episode by episode...
    Hello @mrkk sorry about my slow response.

The current version of this plugin is expected to remain compatible with the latest and also future versions of MP at least until the release of the new TV Engine 3.5.

MP's Compatibility Manager should indicate if any unexpected compatibility issues occur.

As I use it myself, though with an older MP version, I hope to keep it alive as long as it remains useful to the MP community.

Thanks for stepping in with confirmation re 1.18 @Lichloathe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom