Plugin for Spotify (2 Viewers)

dhanjel

Portal Pro
July 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
that plugin isn't really a spotify client, simply a interface between media portal and spotify.
I would rather se a pure plugin.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
i'll say real client and premium. The advertisement is increasing on spotify, and £99 or €99 or whatever the price for one year is, it's not much (999 NOK in Norway). Please you programmers out there, make this happen. It's the only thing i miss in MediaPortal...

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    i'll say real client and premium. The advertisement is increasing on spotify, and £99 or €99 or whatever the price for one year is, it's not much (999 NOK in Norway). Please you programmers out there, make this happen. It's the only thing i miss in MediaPortal...

lordarcane said:
    Now would be the time to create a "real" plugin! (no offence) =) Spotify have released libspotify.
    Seems not so hard to implement a software wich uses the streams from spotify.

Yeah, I totaly agree!!

/tompa

totor

May 20, 2009
    Now would be the time to create a "real" plugin! (no offence) =) Spotify have released libspotify.
    Seems not so hard to implement a software wich uses the streams from spotify.

libspotify: libspotify 0.0.1 API Documentation

I could help with beta testing if someone would take the mission of writing the software.

Year.... I could try to make a plugin.

I'm ok with some other user here: the Spotify Plugin from Minhembio forum is just a link between mediaportal and the offical spotify client. You have to make some work (xml file for each album you want to see). Yes, it's free....

By using the offical API, we could have a more robust solution. Very clean and more integrated in mediaportal. Yes... you must pay a premium account. But it's normal : orignally the premium account remove all video and audio commercial annonce from the official client. It is the "global licence" (french can understand me).
    I think that this kind of account are really the futur... you pay, thant you have access to all music.... And ALL ils LEGAL !!!!

So like i love music, i want really to use legal way to have access to all music.... now it is really possible.... and not like in deezer, with spotify, you can also make a beautiful intergation in mediaportal..... and the price for one year is not so much (if you compare with the album price....). So.... after so many years that we are playing beetween legal and illegal solution for music.... we must really support this kind of offer !

So yes.... i will try to make a plugin...
    a good start to see how the api can be used is this opensource client :
    despotify - the open source Spotify client library

If some of you are interested to do some thing for this plugin... please feel free to contact my by PM

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    That sounds awsome, but is the despotify client illegal? i thought you'd have to use the official spotify documentation. But hey, if you can develop a plugin her, i'll be more than happy to help out in any way that i can. PM you later on ;)

totor

May 20, 2009
    That sounds awsome, but is the despotify client illegal? i thought you'd have to use the official spotify documentation. But hey, if you can develop a plugin her, i'll be more than happy to help out in any way that i can. PM you later on ;)

the despotify client is legal, you need a premium account to use it.

But, for the moment, we need to have a spotifylib version for windows.....

In my case, maybe i can used the actual linux version :
    - i have got a linux server always on, used for domotics purpose.
    Maybe my mediaportal could command a such linux server that will make a bridge beetwen local network and sporify.

This is a complex version of the plugin.... More than one mediaportal client in the house could have access to the same music (audio multiroom with spotify !!!)

A simplier version is to used directly the spotify api from windows, and from mediaportal... but we need a such api.... i think that this lib should be there in some time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom