Plugin for Spotify (1 Viewer)

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
do you need a beta tester? :)

For covers, I think the best way is to use google images. As I said before :
maxx_nantes said:
if you want to listen to, for example, Muse - Showbiz album, I guess that a request to google image with muse+showbiz+cover would give you waht you're looking for and that such a request would work with any album form any artist

Things that could be useful are :
-retrieving spotify created playlists (with the possibility to log to your spotify account in plugin settings)
-I don't think there's a need to be able to create playlists direct form the plugin. I think it should work on a one-shot basis
-It should be able to display info through minidisplay plugin
-why not a filter? (like the one in moving pictures using the remote)
-skinning?

Edit : the myspotify plugin I was talking about includes an app to create xml from your playlists (simple drag and drop). Maybe it can be used in your plugin too

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please note: this whole method requires spotify to be running in the background, so it's not an ideal solution. The other problem is that the API does not return album covers yet, so I need a different solution.

Plugin could always start Spotify client only on demand (when the plugin is opened). That way it wouldn't be as bad / ugly.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I don't think any of the solutions posted above supports e.g. stopping of a playback?

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2009
    the spotify pluggin I use automatically stops spotify when mediaportal starts or stop. So, I guess there's a way to stop music playback

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    craigbeat:
    very nice to hear that somebody finally work on a plugin for spotify!
    really appreciate your work on it. :)
    Have you made any progress since your last post in the end of oct?

Regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom