plugin for the website wwitv.com? (1 Viewer)

spy1309

Portal Member
December 31, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Diskeeper the post in your link is in german, we are from all over the world and generally we speak english to be able to understand eachother

fromaron

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Diskeeper the post in your link is in german, we are from all over the world and generally we speak english to be able to understand eachother

I used a translation tool and it basically says no go at the moment as the URL is hard coded in the plugin.
I guess editing and recompiling the source code will do the trick :)

spy1309

Portal Member
December 31, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well I wish to know how to do that but :( I am a hardware guy , maby one of the users can compile the good URL in the code.
BTW what happened to the developer of the plugin? He disapeared from the face of the earth?

fromaron

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Well I wish to know how to do that but :( I am a hardware guy , maby one of the users can compile the good URL in the code.
BTW what happened to the developer of the plugin? He disapeared from the face of the earth?
I am a hardware guy as well, nevertheless I attempted to play with the plugin. It took me only three days to recover my PC after C# 2008 express installation, and finally after reinstalling all .net frameworks, repairing registry and microsoft installer I managed to load C# 2005 express.
As I can see (remember I am not a software developer) the plugin is trying to access old web page were language had to be selected first. As the page no longer exists, once you click the "Refresh" button, the refreshing circle stays on the screen forever. Well, I found the reference to the page and modified the source code to the new english web address (wwitv.com/portal.htm). This fixed the refresh function. It takes only few seconds now for the circle to disapear. This was a good healthy sign.
The problem is no information like countries, channels displayed. Once again it sounds to me the plugin was written for some kind of XML web source as well, were all data was presented in a table. It's no longer the case, or at least I don't know where to access these data from.
Until we find new web page data XML source I am afraid the plugin is dead.
Hopefully the plugin devekoper Vulture will come back to his baby and will try to support us, or other developers with more experience can pick it up from here.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Oh, happy days! :p :D I'm gonna try it as soon as I have the time to do so!
I hope this finally gives me a good solution to watch NASA tv in MP!! I've been looking for that for almost a year now with no working solution yet...

Anyway, thanks again for updating the plugin!!!

Zirguy

Portal Member
November 18, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Anyone know how to set this plugin to use the s/pdif audio output instead of the hdmi audio output?

cause as is, the audio is going to the tv and i'd rather have it out of my stereo receiver

Thanks
Zirguy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom