plugin for the website wwitv.com? (1 Viewer)

Vulture

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Nieuwendijk (NB)
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

yeah, I'm still in the air...
only I am in between jobs and have some other important stuff to deal with.
I'm no user of any of the IM programs, sorry.
I have still plans on integrating the website into my plugin.
I hope to have some time for it this week.
I'm no C# coder, so it might take a while, but if I'm able to get the links to the streams, it shouldn't be a hard job.

juan pablo

Portal Member
October 11, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Vutlure,

I meant IM me via my profile on this board. That way i can give you details of the stream information. Its a bit too long winded just to post here.

If you are short of time, how about handing your source code over to me and ill see what i can do?

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Hi,
I have also the problem, that i cant go back to mediaportal or to stop the Stream i`m watching.
I have to close MP,

But it looks nice,i hope you can fix this, so i can use it too!!

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

juan pablo

Portal Member
    October 11, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here´s a suggestion for further plugin development :

Why not support "commercial" sites like :

http://abc.go.com/
    http://www.cbs.com/innertube/
    http://www.nbc.com/Video/
    http://www.myspace.com/fox

With a chance to watch series from inside MP, I guess at least some people would stop downl....ahem....asking a friend in a different country to tape it and send via snailmail....

I´m no dev so I don´t know how difficult this would be.....

mcbelly

This is not really what this plugin is about. This plugin is designed to allow access to streaming TV channels rather than videos and downloadable content.

There is already a couple of plugins that deal with the type of content you mention such as the Yahoo/Google/YouTube plugins. Have a look for these and make your suggestion to the developers of these mods, as they are working along similar lines.

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm - Ok I will have a look there. Just thought, that this is kinda related....

mcbelly

overture

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2006
    Bangor
    Home Country
    Juan Pablo,

You're idea sounds excellent. I'd love to see this added to the wwitv.com plugin - also I agree that 'myIPTV' sounds like a more generic name for this plugin. I've just recently started programming in c# - so I could probably help out with any donkey work (nothing too difficult).

...so if you and Vulture need a hand let me know.

Phil

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi guys!

Just wanna say that this is a absolutly fantastic plugin. Great job! The problem with leaving the fullscreen mode can be solved by pressing the "go" button on the (hauppauge) remote control. This way you return to the home screen.

/Nyll

fod

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2006
    great plugin,

could someone tell me how to rename it to my wwiTV so it flows nicely with the rest of the menu items...

thanks,

fod

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have just tested this plug-in and it is really nice.

I have some suggestions though.

It would be really great if you also, as on the webpage, could choose category instead of just country. Like "TV: Kids" or "TV: Movies" since it's a pain to cycle through all the countries and different channels if you are only interested in for example Movies.

Some information about the channel would also be nice to have and not just the name. This is also available on the webpage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom