Plugin idea - Logo pack repository and updater plugin (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you have access to the internal forums edalex?[DOUBLEPOST=1359234525][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Only one thing is bothering me after some period of thinking. Logos are not so big in size so in your case they could be already downloaded since you're viewing their pics. So no download and saving. Just saving I think.

You'll have to reword this because it's unclear what you are saying.

EDIT: Ahh nvm

What I mean is yup they are downloaded at the point where you select an icon pack, then when you exit the settings they are saved into the thumbs directory.

with regards to the post i wrote previously i was addressing crabs concerns that there would be 100s of logo thumbnails inside the thumbs directory, this is definitely not the case and would not effect skin caching. I wasn't meaning that you would need to download images twice.

Last edited:

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    with regards to the post i wrote previously i was addressing crabs concerns that there would be 100s of logo thumbnails inside the thumbs directory, this is definitely not the case and would not effect skin caching. I wasn't meaning that you would need to download images twice.

Alright then, so download into one directory which will NOT be cached and only needed ones into thumbs to be cached. That totaly wipes my concernes away. Thanks!

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @kiwijunglist I really like the concept and the mock ups look great.
    That url to a forum post is a broken link (to me at least) is it for an internal devs only forum?

How should we take this forward, would anyone be willing to take this on to develop?

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes link is for internal forums, still discussing concept / ideas. There is probably a >50% chance of someone picking this up but will have to wait and see. lots of people are busy with MP 1.3 RC1

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Any progress? :)
    Anyway I will definetely do this myself for russian logos. First as dll/process plugin or comandline tool
    I've already made a repo and did some tests.
    I took you ideas to make simeple index file like
    XML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <Mappings>
      <Channel>
    	<Name>AM LIFE</Name>
    	<Name>Amazing Life</Name>
    	<File>aa-amazing_life.png</File>
      </Channel>
    </Mappings>

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    hey @kiwijunglist. Any ideas how to assign two images to listitems like in your mockup?

looks like I can control xposition/yposition/width/height of only one of them :(
    But I need to place two images... nevermind... I found it. One step closer to working logomanager for russian tv logos ;)
    2013-02-07_231019.jpg

Last edited:

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    yes link is for internal forums, still discussing concept / ideas. There is probably a >50% chance of someone picking this up but will have to wait and see. lots of people are busy with MP 1.3 RC1

Hi @kiwijunglist has there been much progress on this on the internal forum?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes there has been a lot of discussion and a reasonable amount of interest. There are lots of different ideas about what should be done and how it could be done. I'm busy with my brothers wedding for the next week or so and most developers are busy with 1.3RC related issues, but this is something that might be introduced in 1.4 but it's still very up in the air. I have a 2nd concept to introduce which addresses a lot of the additional ideas and issues but haven't had time to draw it up yet. @Edalex is also developing his own idea on this too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom