Plugin idea - Logo pack repository and updater plugin (1 Viewer)

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fantastic, it's good to hear that's getting a lot of interest and discussion.
    I knew it wasn't a daft idea! :)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hey @kiwijunglist @ibmonkey :)
    We made our first pre-alpha build for our russian implemnetation of Logo Downloader plugin
    You can even get some logos if yor channels are listed in our mappings http://mediaportal-russian-logos.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/LogoMapping.xml
    Titan skin has no button atm. Only DefaultWide is working but still without proper navigation
    LogoManager.JPG

Attachments

• LogoManager.mpe1
      96.6 KB
    Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    During development process we found some issues with Mediaportal cache management. Since tv and radio logos are caching (btw do we need this?) we can't change logo design on the fly :( I think dropping cache and rebuild it each time you change design for logos is not looking good. So, @kiwijunglist if you know any skin engine guru please help ;)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am for getting logos out of cache. Im pretty sure this is a very old part of MePo, but as we can see with MovPic or TVSerries there is no Need to cache logos any more.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Yeah, fanart and coverart much bigger than logos and I think they are not caching anywhere but @fforde and @ltfearme could say it for sure.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another issue that might come up is that there are sometimes several styles how a channel is named throughout the different delivery posibilities (e.g. DVB-T, -S, -C) although it is the same channel. So it should be possible to give one logo one or more alternative names, so that it will always find a possible match.
    A second issue are shared channels which show one station during day and another one during night. Right now there is a logo as a combination the two stations for each of these channels, though it would be great if those combined logos could be made up by the plugn we are talking about. Or maybe it could even show the specific logo of the Station showing right now.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    it should be possible to give one logo one or more alternative names
    that is why in mapping XML there are several channel names possible for the same logo, so it will download that logo once and generate png with all required names.

it would be great if those combined logos could be made up by the plugn
    how those logos should be generated? divided left/right, or top/bottom, or leftTop/rightBottom? it is possible to prepare special pre-divided logos for those combinations and map them appropriately in mapping XML.

it could even show the specific logo of the Station showing right now
    So for this to be possible make request to TV Server/Plugin part of MP. TV Server should know broadcast times for those channels, and should be able to tell it to the client, so the client can make lookup for appropriate logo.
    It is out of scope for this plugin. This plugin just downloads/generates logos, not shows them.

Last edited:

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi all,
    I'm the owner of the swiss Radio + TV Logo extension. I'm reading with interest this Thread. It's a old idea with a big combo-package that included all Logos. In my opinion it's extremly hard to get them up to date. As example: The frequencies list for the TV Server. As involved knows, it's really hard to get some current lists. So my question is, how would it possible to observate and change the Logos? In this business they are many regional/area that would changes all 3-4 months! ...a hard nut cracking :whistle:

Recommended query at the installation progress:
    1. Region (Europe/Asia/...)
    2. Country (Switzerland/Germany/...
    3. Source (DVB-S2/DVB-C/DVB-T/...)
    4. Provider (UPC Cablecom/ small regional Providers/..)
    My extension now includes 4 different styles in two solutions. The solution (200x200p / 200x150p) could not be done with the same logo-draft..

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Logos are more stable than frequencies. Only breaking change will be a channel renaming or adding. CHanging its fequency doesn't require logo updating.
    My suggestion is to use tv server export.xml file. If any user found new channel after rescan he could export his channel db to file and submit it to you. You will run script which will compare existing mapping and export file and find channel name that need your attention. If it is just renaming you need to update only index file. if it is new channel you'll need to add new logo to repository.
    I have no idea why anyone need to divide logos by source or provider since logo can't be different. Only Region/Country choosing seems fair.
    My extension now includes 4 different styles in two solutions. The solution (200x200p / 200x150p) could not be done with the same logo-draft..
    And our russian plugin repository include only one style (png with transparent background) but it could add custom design to newly downloaded logos on the fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom