Plugin Ideas (2 Viewers)

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Sorry, initially MSN (9.0) had internal addin architecture with API. Unfortunately (as I just quickly found out), they have removed support for addin API in official (non beta release), hence I pointed you to this lib, which is as I see actively supported.

I guess you should have an option to set yourself as busy, so people don't bother you when you are watching good movie, but if you're watching crappy soap opera - I don't mind to be distrubed :-D, so I'd remove that "busy" status (possibly via remote button). In regards to UI, I like the solution which you have on XBOX.. It's pretty much one two lines overlay at the bottom of the screen, which you can bring with a combination of keys, from there you can scroll up and down thru history, and type your message. It doesn't really disturb the XBOX gameplay, so I don't think it would ruin watching the movie if developped properly. If you want, I can try getting some screenshots from the XBOX, which could be a good idea of starting point.

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2007
    Home Country
    I would really like a plugin that is like a blank moving pictures or tv series plugin that I can populate with what ever I wanted to, I have on my MP machine 5 or 6 seasons of Football (Aussie rules football) with associated programs like player interviews, highlight videos, and weekly football related tv shows that just aren't supported by any other plugins, at the moment they are just handled by "My Videos" in MP with folder.jpg's and I'd like something fancier for them.
    if such a plugin was possible I would also like to run multiple instances of it for other stuff as well, there are many genres out there that aren't supported by other plugins, many niche sports and things like home videos/movies.
    :)
    I hope it gives you some ideas.

MM

jmhecker

Portal Member
    January 8, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So rather than the plugin searching online for info for the files in the directory you woudl specify, it would rely on you (the End User) to input the data as to what the video file is about.

I rather like that idea. It would be excellent for things like home videos and such. And if programmed properly, you could do so much with it...oopen it up, and you see a buncha options...one is Fam vids...you open that up, and you see categories...kids, wifey, grandparents, etc....opening one of those would give you videos that are in that category.

That is certainly something that I feel I can play around with.

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2007
    Home Country
    yeah, with fan art and covers, and the ability to export the database so you don't have to redo it every time you reinstall MP.
    being able to run multiple version would be very handy, so you could have "My Home Movies" and "My Sport".

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi. I would love to see a poker plugin. I play poker online (Betsson com) and would love the possibillity to play this from within MP :)

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Why not do something simple like My News, a rss news reader. The current one in MP is not that appealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom