Plugin Ideas (1 Viewer)

Wolen

Portal Pro
May 27, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would really like to see a Message Board plugin, something which someone can leave messages on, like "Went to the Store", "Going to My mothers" so when I come home to an empty house I don't have to hunt for notes. Plus have some appointment reminders on it too, like Thursday - Dr Appointment. Can be self contained, not linked to anything on the Internet, but its own data.

jmhecker

Portal Member
January 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I do like the idea of the appointment reminders...I have often sat down, started to watch a movie, and plumb forgot that I had a job site I had to be at. (good thing I am my own boss, cant fire myself, heh)

I am currently working on another idea that was posted in this thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/plugin-ideas-73766/index3.html#post539059 <-- direct link to my post about which one I am working on).

But, when that is done, I will go through the list of ideas again, and definitely put some serious consideration behind this one.

Some random thoughts I have on it now are as such: I could tie it into a calendar. But, since it is highly doubtful that a lot of people are using something like Outlook or Thunderbird on the same machine they are using MediaPortal on, I could have it tie into Google Calendar (or iCal sources) instead.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    I do like the idea of the appointment reminders...I have often sat down, started to watch a movie, and plumb forgot that I had a job site I had to be at. (good thing I am my own boss, cant fire myself, heh)

I am currently working on another idea that was posted in this thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/plugin-ideas-73766/index3.html#post539059 <-- direct link to my post about which one I am working on).

But, when that is done, I will go through the list of ideas again, and definitely put some serious consideration behind this one.

Some random thoughts I have on it now are as such: I could tie it into a calendar. But, since it is highly doubtful that a lot of people are using something like Outlook or Thunderbird on the same machine they are using MediaPortal on, I could have it tie into Google Calendar (or iCal sources) instead.

hi jmhecker ! i was also thinging abut somting like thet , thir is a plugin for MCE call " Remind Me For MCE " maybe you can tack
    some idea's from thir ... link ... MCE Zone - Windows Media Center Plugins & Addons
    i will love see somting like that in MP...
    Thank's,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom