[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (1 Viewer)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Is there a popup for streamemp to ? I see no popup !!!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Silentexeption,

I know you don't want to change huge things to this plugin, and you only make it compatible for new versions of MP. (I really appriciate that either)

But I have a feature request, and I hope you like it, and still I hope that you are able to add this feature.

I like to see the possibility to open links in emails with Browsetheweb bebbrowser (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/plugin-browse-web-webbrowser-89101/)

Let me know if you like the idea, and if I can help with something..

Best regards,

Marcel

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    As I'm using this on regular basis I decided to make some xml files for the skin backdrop. All needed files are included. The email.png file can be used as a background if you want to have a menu entry in Basic Home for eMail. The common.time.xml supports both, World Weather plugin and eMail plugin. See screenshots how it looks like

Hope someone can use this.

Attachments

• eMail-1.jpg
      eMail-1.jpg
      177.2 KB
    • eMail-2.jpg
      eMail-2.jpg
      283.9 KB
    • eMail-3.jpg
      eMail-3.jpg
      298.7 KB
    • backdrop_Emai.zip
      1.1 MB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    I'm using this plugin a long time and now I encounter a strange issue I can't really understand. If I enable eMail I have a really high CPU load, but only on Basic Home. With eMail enabled I have a CPU load around 70++% on Basic Home and below 10% on any other Screen (SingleSeat installation, TVService and MySQL running on the same machine, so 10% is normal, I think). If I disable eMail all is back to normal. Basic Home has slightly higher CPU Load as other screens due some active plugins (InfoService, WorldWeater, Fanart handler, WOLPowermanager,...) but nothing to wonder about. Only if I enable eMail then I have this way to high CPU Load. Raises Power Consumption and noise level. So I don't like that too much.
    If it matters, especially the second CPU core (of two) is at 100% always... My Sys Specs are uptodate. What could be the reason for this strange behaviour?
    I can nail down this issue definitively to eMail, as it's 100% reproducible. Enabled = high CPU load, disabled = low CPU load.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi.
    I'm using this plugin a long time and now I encounter a strange issue I can't really understand. If I enable eMail I have a really high CPU load, but only on Basic Home. With eMail enabled I have a CPU load around 70++% on Basic Home and below 10% on any other Screen (SingleSeat installation, TVService and MySQL running on the same machine, so 10% is normal, I think). If I disable eMail all is back to normal. Basic Home has slightly higher CPU Load as other screens due some active plugins (InfoService, WorldWeater, Fanart handler, WOLPowermanager,...) but nothing to wonder about. Only if I enable eMail then I have this way to high CPU Load. Raises Power Consumption and noise level. So I don't like that too much.
    If it matters, especially the second CPU core (of two) is at 100% always... My Sys Specs are uptodate. What could be the reason for this strange behaviour?
    I can nail down this issue definitively to eMail, as it's 100% reproducible. Enabled = high CPU load, disabled = low CPU load.

Hmmm, strange indeed! :)

Do you have a overlay for IMAP mail enabled on the homescreen of your skin maybe? (I know that StreamedMP has a setting for that) Maybe you can try to disable that..

You said that the CPU load is only high on the homescreen when the plugin is enabled.. Is the cpu ussage also so high when you enter the plugin itself?

Last question: Is the cpu load after some time still that high? Let's say, after one hour? Or only when you start Mediaportal..

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi
    Thanks for the answer.

Do you have a overlay for IMAP mail enabled on the homescreen of your skin maybe? (I know that StreamedMP has a setting for that) Maybe you can try to disable that..
    Yes, there is an overlay. And I've disabled this for testing. But did not change anything. CPU load is still at 70++%.

You said that the CPU load is only high on the homescreen when the plugin is enabled.. Is the cpu ussage also so high when you enter the plugin itself?
    Only on Basic Home, not on plugin itself. If I go to classic home the CPU load is normal too. This is really only on basic home, nothing else. I've tried with Default Wide skin, same behaviour, so I think it's no matter of used skin (Backdrop 1.0.3)...

Last question: Is the cpu load after some time still that high? Let's say, after one hour? Or only when you start Mediaportal..
    Yes CPU load stays that high as long as MP is running. No matter if it's an hour or a day...

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is possible to extend this plugin to support one of the follow microsoft exchange protocols
    Mapi
    Ows
    Owa
    Rpc over https

Thanks
    Cf

1+

I was wondering why there is no flexibel and reliable email plug in whole MP. I used this plug in for a long time, but I had to many performance issues and I moved all my email accounts to win live now, so I don't have any integrated email support now :(

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi Wile E!

Glad to see you're still around :)
    I was wondering if you could update this plugin to be ready for MePo 1.4?
    I pretty much got used to it over years so I won't upgrade without having MyeMailManager.

Thanks in advance,

vrm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom