[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's excellent news indeed and very generous of you @joostzilla !

It's all very exciting :)

Mediabrowser is my preferred choice these days, since I only have to manage my collection once, and I can have various clients which consume very little power (Roku, iPhone and hopefully iPad soon!)

I use Mediaportal really just for Live TV, which with DJBlu's plugin makes it the most user friendly option for the wife & kids :)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A couple of observations - I'm probably telling you stuff you already know, but thought I would raise them :)

In latest unwatched episodes, it's often difficult to tell what the show is, as it just lists the episode title and a screen grab, no series name.

In the shows listing, there's no indicator for which shows have new episodes.

I realise it is in development, just thought I would make sure it is on the radar :)

Cheers!

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New version: 0.11-beta - first post is updated with details and download link.

Key changes are:

- Optimized window loading and fixed some user submitted issues (thx psykix)
    - Added search and initial music support (only Songs for now)
    - Basic filter, search and sort options are added to the generic skin.

mcroyjason

Portal Member
    July 4, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello. I am not sure if this is a bug or just a setting I am not seeing, but whenever I open the Mediabrowser plugin and cycle through the layout to the one that I prefer, it doesn't save it. When I exit the program and reopen it, the one that it opens up to is always the same one, but not the one I changed it to. Like I said above, this may be a known issue or there is a setting I am not using correctly.

I am using version .11 of the plugin, version 1.5 of MediaPortal. I just downloaded everything tonight. I was using Media Center with MBC, but I wanted to try out your plugin because I do like MediaPortal better than Media Center.

Anyway, thanks for any input you have.

Jason

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello. I am not sure if this is a bug or just a setting I am not seeing, but whenever I open the Mediabrowser plugin and cycle through the layout to the one that I prefer, it doesn't save it. When I exit the program and reopen it, the one that it opens up to is always the same one, but not the one I changed it to. Like I said above, this may be a known issue or there is a setting I am not using correctly.

Hello Jason, this is a feature that is not yet implemented. I've added your request to the issue tracker (https://github.com/apondman/MediaBrowser/issues/20).

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    We have a new Roku release out with a very impressive change list:

Collections
    Watched Indicators
    Direct Play of MKV files
    Stream Copy Added (it will only transcode what it needs to; for instance if the video is compatible with the Roku, but audio isn't, it will only transcode the audio)
    Audio/Subtitle Support
    Enhanced Image Support (Cover Art images will work in certain areas)
    With Collections and the Trailers plugin, Trailer Playback Support
    Switched back to default video player
    Tons of bug fixes

It's going to feel more like an htpc app now.

mcroyjason

Portal Member
    July 4, 2013
    Home Country

Hello Jason, this is a feature that is not yet implemented. I've added your request to the issue tracker (https://github.com/apondman/MediaBrowser/issues/20).

Thanks for your quick response! Thanks for letting me know and that will be awesome when it is implemented.

-Jason[DOUBLEPOST=1381679341][/DOUBLEPOST]
    We have a new Roku release out with a very impressive change list:

Collections
    Watched Indicators
    Direct Play of MKV files
    Stream Copy Added (it will only transcode what it needs to; for instance if the video is compatible with the Roku, but audio isn't, it will only transcode the audio)
    Audio/Subtitle Support
    Enhanced Image Support (Cover Art images will work in certain areas)
    With Collections and the Trailers plugin, Trailer Playback Support
    Switched back to default video player
    Tons of bug fixes

It's going to feel more like an htpc app now.

The above is very true. I posted last night about the Roku app. So far it's working nicely for me and looks pretty awesome.

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom