[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (8 Viewers)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For now there are two distinct windows (which are subject to change btw!)

MediaBrowser.Main.*.xml (id: 20130603)
    MediaBrowser.Movie.*.xml (id: 201306032)

The Main skin contains everything for the browsing.
    The Movie skin contains everything for the details view (Movie and Episode currently)

If you set MediaPortal to debug the plugin will log ALL properties you can work with (everything known to MediaBrowser ;) ).
    With some conditionals you could make distinct views for every view available when navigating the plugin.
    Some extra information on skinning is available on the wiki .

btw: i can still use help in the skinning department.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for that :)

I'm pretty amateurish when it comes to this stuff, so I'm just editing the xml files to get what I need on the main Titan menu screen.

I have managed to get Videos to launch Mediabrowser by modifying the hyperlink in the MyVideos xml file.

Dunno how to change the label though, as it just seems to be set to "3" and not "Videos"

Also, in the Mediabrowser plugin, when I list all movies, or all TV Series, then there are some "-----" (5 hyphens) listed which are not clickable, and just show the last cover that was valid. Any ideas what that is?

Hopefully you can get some help with the skinning so that it can become more polished. Maybe @kiwijunglist would lend a hand - he's a dab hand and has made some fab mods to the Titan skin :)

Cheers :)[DOUBLEPOST=1379678563][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, one other thing!

Latest Unwatched Movies looks great, complete with covers and synopsis - Latest Unwatched TV Shows has a squashed picture in a "tv screen" and no synopsis.

Is it like this just because it is unfinished? Or is it my setup!

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also, in the Mediabrowser plugin, when I list all movies, or all TV Series, then there are some "-----" (5 hyphens) listed which are not clickable, and just show the last cover that was valid. Any ideas what that is?
    Latest Unwatched Movies looks great, complete with covers and synopsis - Latest Unwatched TV Shows has a squashed picture in a "tv screen" and no synopsis.

Guilty, yeah it's still unfinished ;) The images for Latest Episodes are getting squashed into the the "cover" aspect ratio. Can probably be fixed by a clever skinner but i will write some additional code to have another image control in there somewhere. to handle the screenshot/chapter aspect ratio.

The hyphens are something that will be removed later they indicate the point where new items will be added during "infinite scroll". When you scroll down the list it will make a request to mediabrowser in the background for more items. This is to prevent long waiting times on big lists.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for that :)

I'm pretty amateurish when it comes to this stuff, so I'm just editing the xml files to get what I need on the main Titan menu screen.

I have managed to get Videos to launch Mediabrowser by modifying the hyperlink in the MyVideos xml file.

Dunno how to change the label though, as it just seems to be set to "3" and not "Videos"

Hopefully you can get some help with the skinning so that it can become more polished. Maybe @kiwijunglist would lend a hand - he's a dab hand and has made some fab mods to the Titan skin :)

Cheers :)[DOUBLEPOST=1379678563][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, one other thing!

I'm pretty sure all my mods are half finished lol, i don't have time for skinning anymore, but it is nice to hear you say positive things :)

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Nice work getting a new build out.[DOUBLEPOST=1379690069][/DOUBLEPOST]Armand, if you post in our dev forum, we've added several newcomers recently all with very good design skills. You might be able to get some help there.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Update: New server is released. It brings the ability to run the server as a windows service, which is great for headless servers.

There are also a number of new api features, and you can expect to see a wave of client and plugin releases that will take advantage of them. Roku in particular is to seem like a full-fledged htpc client by the time we're done with it. Notice the cover art and dynamic watched indicators:

rokutease4.jpg

Windows Phone will be in the store any day now. Roku, Android and MBT are all on deck.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    a new plugin release will follow shortly ;)

I'd have liked that post 5 times if possible!

I've asked for support for the plugin for a couple of skins, hopefully they will get time to implement - whilst I like Titan, I don't like that I can't customise the buttons easily without using Titan Extended, which I really don't like :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom