[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

Lukemb

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For those who haven't seen it, it looks great:

1.jpg

2.jpg

However, there is a BIG but...the server has a lot more data than the titan theme is built to display. Take a look at the upcoming Media Browser Theater, for example:

Untitled.png

So we're hoping to find some creative types here who can help Armand get all of the new stuff on display in his plugin.[DOUBLEPOST=1381254461][/DOUBLEPOST]And there are a couple more tabs that could show up as well, depending on data available for the particular item. So there's quite a bit at your fingertips!

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I published version 0.10-beta of the plugin, details about the changes are behind the download link in the first post.

There will be some edits on the wiki later to explain the new "smart image controls" skinners can use. In short it will allow skinners to use the different dimensions and types of the artwork supplied by the server based of image controls. The plugin will only load/request images based on skin properties, delivering custom resized and eventually cached images to reduce server traffic. It's still experimental but i think it gives a lot of freedom for designers.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just installed the update - liking the fanart backgrounds :)

On TV Series, there is a placeholder box behind the screenshot which looks a bit odd?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

On TV Series, there is a placeholder box behind the screenshot which looks a bit odd?

Yeah that is me kinda spending more time in the code than on the skin ;) I will fix it for the next release.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Yeah that is me kinda spending more time in the code than on the skin ;) I will fix it for the next release.

No biggie, I'm loving the plugin - makes my life so much easier :)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Plugin- and Mediabrowser Devs!
    Big Thanks for you effort! Will there be support for music in one of the next releases?

Best regards
    Helios

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So we're hoping to find some creative types here who can help Armand get all of the new stuff on display in his plugin.
    Don't worry :)
    The team of Titan already offered Armand to do the Titan mediabrowser skin design for him. :D

That is fantastic news. If there's anything i can do to help, please let me know. We have quite a bit of data at our disposal, and currently the web client is the only one that uses all of it. I can answer any questions about it that you may have.

We can also get you guys access to our dev area so that you can try out Media Browser Theater, in case you're curious to see an example of an htpc client using the new features.

J

joostzilla

I've asked for support for the plugin for a couple of skins, hopefully they will get time to implement - whilst I like Titan, I don't like that I can't customise the buttons easily without using Titan Extended, which I really don't like :-(

Great news: The basichome editor included in the Titan Extended package will offer customisation of the default basichome aswell in a following release :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom