[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

Peter Mee

Portal Member
August 28, 2013
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I've got a problem with path substitution.

I need to map M:\ to \\192.168.1.199\

However, the server UI does not support trailing backslashes (it actively strips them out). Therefore I get the following errors in MediaBrowser log file when I attempt to play content;

[11-10 18:57:51,039] [MPMain ] [ERROR] Playback failed: Media=\\192.168.1.199video\Concerts\Alison Krauss & Union Station (Live 2002).avi

(there should be a backslash between '.199' and 'video')

If I go in to system.xml on the server and edits the path substitution section manually, I can get it to work.

This is on server 3.0.5424.1

Thanks

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
I've got a problem with path substitution.

I need to map M:\ to \\192.168.1.199\

However, the server UI does not support trailing backslashes (it actively strips them out). Therefore I get the following errors in MediaBrowser log file when I attempt to play content;

[11-10 18:57:51,039] [MPMain ] [ERROR] Playback failed: Media=\\192.168.1.199video\Concerts\Alison Krauss & Union Station (Live 2002).avi

(there should be a backslash between '.199' and 'video')

If I go in to system.xml on the server and edits the path substitution section manually, I can get it to work.

This is on server 3.0.5424.1

Thanks

Nice finding! But as this a problem of the Mediabrowser Server, you should post it in their own forum.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @armandp @Lukemb

I am still having problems related to authentication. The default account works fine but any time I try and change users I get an error.

I have tested with removing the passwords from the accounts I am trying to switch to but I still get errors. I created a user called 'Test' with no password an am getting the following errors in the log:

2014-11-22 17:00:49.2438 Info - UserManager: Authentication request for Test has succeeded.
    2014-11-22 17:00:49.3062 Error - HttpAsyncTaskHandler: Error occured while Processing Request: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Security.AuthenticationException' was thrown.
    Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Security.AuthenticationException' was thrown.
    MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Security.AuthenticationException
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.ValidateSecurityToken(String token)
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IRequest req, IResponse response, IAuthenticated authAttribtues)
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.Authenticate(IRequest request, IResponse response, Object requestDto, IAuthenticated authAttribtues)
    at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthenticatedAttribute.RequestFilter(IRequest request, IResponse response, Object requestDto)
    at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
    at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)

Any help would be much appreciated

Peter Mee

Portal Member
    August 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    So MediaBrowser seems to be crashing MediaPortal on me.

With the plugin enabled, I get regular out of memory errors which lock up media portal. Switching off MediaBrowser plugin in MP Config stops the errors.

Any thoughts? On MP 1.9.0 client, Windows 8.1

Thanks

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

With the plugin enabled, I get regular out of memory errors which lock up media portal. Switching off MediaBrowser plugin in MP Config stops the errors.

Thanks
    Yup, I had the same.

MP 1.9 on a client with the MediaBrowserplugin installed gave me repeated .NET errors which crashed MP, and also pretty much crashed the Desktop/task bar as well.
    Once MediaBrowser was uninstalled MP returned to being 100% stable.

Peter Mee

Portal Member
    August 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

Thanks
    Yup, I had the same.

MP 1.9 on a client with the MediaBrowserplugin installed gave me repeated .NET errors which crashed MP, and also pretty much crashed the Desktop/task bar as well.
    Once MediaBrowser was uninstalled MP returned to being 100% stable.

That's not good. I've kind of come to rely on MediaBorwser as it's a neat solution to organising media in a mixed-client environment (XBMC on Macs & MediaPortal on Windows). Might have to migrate to Xbmc until this gets resolved :-(

Did you report this anywhere or is there anyone looking into the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom