Plugin: MP2Extended (3 Viewers)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
I mean the TVServer Setting. What I implied was that UNC paths will not work although I am not able to test it in my current setup. So for single-seat setup you would have to force RTSP if UNC is not working.

Not currently no. Tuning happens when calling InitStream and analysis of the stream happens when calling StartStream. So I have no information about the channel before StartStream is called. To do so would require me to start tuning, analyzing the stream and then stop tuning on every call to GetMediaInfo. Tuning and analyzing the stream could potentially take up to 10 seconds. This would mean that first the user has to wait around 10 seconds for showing the media info an then again when he actually starts streaming. Is MPExt 1 supporting this, because I always had problems with TV streams using the wrong language for audio?
Yes MPext 1 delivers mediainfos for live tv streams. But you have to wait up to 2 seconds before calling GetMediaInfo, otherwise you will get null or false resolution for example.
It's not critical for me if you cannot implement this, i can also probe the stream via ffprobe in my Emby addon.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes MPext 1 delivers mediainfos for live tv streams.
    Then it never worked for me. I have a channel that always has 2 audio streams in 2 different languages and it never gave me an option to select which to use. I will investigate if this is possible for MP2Ext.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso @MrTechno
    I answer your questions in this thread to keep the other one more clean.

If I want to merge with you current branch for MIA Rework + MP2Ext + DLNA + ASP.Net 5 which one should I use?
    This is the latest branch:
    https://github.com/FreakyJ/MediaPortal-2/tree/FEAT_MIA_DLNA_MP2Ext_AspNet
    But It is missing your commits from here:
    https://github.com/FreakyJ/MediaPortal-2/tree/FEAT_WifiRemoteForMP2

If you merge these to the https://github.com/FreakyJ/MediaPortal-2/tree/FEAT_MIA_DLNA_MP2Ext_AspNet Branch I will than merge the latest ASP.Net Branch to it.
    You won't be able to compile the branch before I merge the latest ASP.Net branch (only the MP2Ext project), but you need to merge you changes first because the incubator folder was moved to /Source
    Does that all make sense? If not feel free to ask.

To make it clear: This one should get the new master for WifiRemote + DLNA + MP2Ext:

Where the work in progress branches at the moment? I've got one on in my repo but it's nothing like the DLNA + MP2Web branch being talked about in this thread. Can we nominate one branch to be the official one and track issues against in JIRA?
    The branch we are talking about is this one:

The DLNA Server is broken due to the MIA Rework if you remember our last conversation?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dlna-mia-rework.133333/

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @FreakyJ
    I merged the branch up with my most recent code. I can build so I hope that's a good sign and I hope I correctly resolved all conflicts.
    I couldn't test because when I start the server MP2Ext complains about a swagger folder missing. Do I need to have some sort of folder structure in place?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I merged the branch up with my most recent code.
    Thank you (y)

I can build so I hope that's a good sign and I hope I correctly resolved all conflicts.
    Which can you build? The TranscodingService? MP2Ext is thrwoing 42 errors right now. But I think it is because it is relying on a nuget package which has an older version of the TranscodingService. I need to merge the latest ASP.Net branch into this one to get rid of those nuget packages. I won't have time today, but I hope that I can work on it tomorrow or early next week. I will let you know once it is working :)

Do I need to have some sort of folder structure in place?
    Yes. There is no RC2 Version of swashbuckle yet so I had to hack my own version together :whistle: Attached is a MP2Ext build done before your merges. The missing part is probably this: MP2Extended\wwwroot\swagger

If you have more questions let me know. I am happy to help :)

Attachments

• MP2Extended.rar
      6.2 MB

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso
    I see you've added support for mediainfo of live tv streams. Great!
    What i'd like to know, what stands "index" for?
    Is it renumbered for every stream type e.g. video -> index 0,1,2 ; audio -> index 0,1,2
    or is it an overall numbering e.g. video -> 0,1,2 ; audio -> 3,4,5 ?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Which can you build?
    TranscodingService, MediaServer and MP2Extended.
    MP2Ext is thrwoing 42 errors right now
    You probably need to update the TranscodingService nuget. I did it by just copying the TranscodingService.dll to where the nuget stored its version.
    If you have more questions let me know
    I can't make MP2Ext work. I get the following exception when MP2Ext wants to start:
    Code:
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
    Stack trace:
    Code:
       at Microsoft.Net.Http.Server.UrlPrefixCollection.RegisterPrefix(String uriPrefix, Int32 contextId)
       at Microsoft.Net.Http.Server.UrlPrefixCollection.RegisterAllPrefixes()
       at Microsoft.Net.Http.Server.WebListener.Start()
       at Microsoft.AspNet.Server.WebListener.MessagePump.Start[TContext](IHttpApplication`1 application)
       at Microsoft.AspNet.Hosting.Internal.WebApplication.Start()
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.AspNetServer.AspNetServerService.StartWebApplication(WebApplicationParameter webApplicationParameter)
    What am I doing wrong?
    I see you've added support for mediainfo of live tv streams.
    Beware that is not tested though. Neither aMPdroid nor MPiV call GetMediaInfo for tv streams.
    What i'd like to know, what stands "index" for?
    ID is the id of the stream inside the media file.
    Index is just like: video -> index 0,1,2 ; audio -> index 0,1,2

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso
    i cannot test your changes because the attachement in FreakyJ's post is right before your commit [emoji6]
    Is it possible for you to return an additional "StreamOrder" property for live tv streams, that represents the real ordering of video, audio and subtitles?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso

I've merged everything and it looks like it works :D I will publish the 3 missing nuget packages to our myget feed this evening. After that you should be able to build MP2Extended without any issues and hacks ;)

Be sure to clear this folder:
    C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\.dnx\packages
    This is the cache folder and already gave me some headache:D

Edit:
    Be also aware of the fact that the Incubator folder has moved:
    \MediaPortal\Source\Incubator\

Last edited:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is it possible for you to return an additional "StreamOrder" property for live tv streams, that represents the real ordering of video, audio and subtitles?
    Couldn't you just use the ID property instead of the Index property? Or what are you requesting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom