[Plugin] MPCleaner - Deletes images from your thumbs folder that are no longer in use (3 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    A new version of MPCleaner has just been released to fix issue with deletion of certain active artwork. Latest version can be downloaded from here.

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi, I tried your plugin for the first time yesterday. And I have a question, if I may.

As I'm already using MP for 15 years I have 2.5Gb of thumbs to clean - and that might be the cause of the behavior I noticed.

Behavior 1:
    When I install it via the MPEinstaller, it seems to install fine. Just 2 files - and you get the pop-up with preferences.
    But when I start MP Config after that install, the MP Config UI won't show anymore - you get the splash screen and then nothing anymore. However you still see MP Config as a back-end process running in task manager. (Could be caused because the plugin starts working on its lengthy cleaning duty.)

Behavior 2:
    So I uninstalled, and installed again via the MPEinstaller but this time I immediately started the clean operation in the pop-up that is shown during install.
    It crashed and gave me a lengthy error message. (didn't log it but can repeat it if needed)

As I know MP inside-out & my general log is clean (no conflicts), I was wondering if there is a limit on how many files your plugin can process in 1 go. I have a huge amount of thumbs on my disk so I was wondering if that might be the cause of this behavior.

Does the plugin attempt to process all files in 1 go (which might explain the error) or does it break it down in iterations?

andy_p

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I recently upgraded from MP1.30 to 1.33 and it would not start - multiple errors from MPCleaner like this:
    [ERROR] - Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.108.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    File name: 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.108.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139'
    at MPCleaner.MPCleanerProcess.Process_DVDArt2()
    MP1.33 installs System.Data.SQLite.dll 1.0.117 these days, but MPCleaner still looks for 1.0.108.
    MPCleaner did not show in the list of installed extensions for some reason; if it was would it have been flagged as causing problems with MP1.33?

In the end I resolved it by manually installing MPCleaner 1.1.0.22 from the extension manager, which overwrote "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\System.Data.SQLite.dll" with the earlier 108 version. As I use sqlserver not mysql, maybe mediaportal wasn't actually using it at all? Otherwise it might have caused other problems.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I recently upgraded from MP1.30 to 1.33 and it would not start - multiple errors from MPCleaner like this:

MP1.33 installs System.Data.SQLite.dll 1.0.117 these days, but MPCleaner still looks for 1.0.108.
    MPCleaner did not show in the list of installed extensions for some reason; if it was would it have been flagged as causing problems with MP1.33?

In the end I resolved it by manually installing MPCleaner 1.1.0.22 from the extension manager, which overwrote "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\System.Data.SQLite.dll" with the earlier 108 version. As I use sqlserver not mysql, maybe mediaportal wasn't actually using it at all? Otherwise it might have caused other problems.
    Try this recompiled version:
    • added support for x64
    • compiled against System.Data.SQLite.dll 1.0.117
    • MP 1.33 only

EDIT: fixed x86/64 System.Data.SQLite.dll file

Attachments

• MPCleaner-v1.1.0.23.AnyCPU.mpe1
      2.2 MB
    Last edited:

andy_p

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Many thanks for the quick fix, I'll try it this evening.
    I also noticed that when I uninstalled the plugin the old behaviour reappeared (MP wouldn't start because MPCleaner couldn't find 108 again). Assuming having MPCleaner is not essential, and the extension manager is confused and not uninstalling it correctly, is there a way to manually uninstall it? Is it as simple as deleting any remaining MPCleaner.dll in the system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom