[Plugin] MPCleaner - Deletes images from your thumbs folder that are no longer in use (1 Viewer)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Malta Malta
    Country flag
    DESCRIPTION:

MPCleaner is a new plugin that will scan your thumbs folder and depending on how it is configured will compare images with the respective database and if image is not in the database, it will be deleted. This will surely free up precious space on your HTPC.

MediaPortal configuration.png

The plugin setup screens are as follows:

plugins.jpg

scheduler.jpg

HOMEPAGE:

Press here to go to home page.

COMPATIBILITY:

Mediaportal 1.20, 1.21, 1.22, 1.23, 1.24, 1.25

DOWNLOAD REPOSITORY:

Click here to go to the download repository.

LATEST VERSION:

MPCleaner v1.1.0.20 - Compatibility with MediaPortal v1.20 onwards

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

To install execute the MPE1 and then goto the MediaPortal configuration screen choose Plugins and then under Process, search for MPCleaner to do the necessary setup.

Last edited:

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    South Korea South Korea
    Country flag
    Hi M3 , thanks for the plugin ,very nice :)

i start testing ... by the way on MP 1.3.0.A version ... now only on moving pictures :
    1- Background's - all delete correct and good ,and pass to trash can.
    2- Covers - all delete correct .... But not view in trash can ??

my setting ,is to move to trash can , not to delete complicit out of PC ...

i will test tv series little later , as i need to install the plugin on my test pc .... ;)

Edit : I look at mpcleaner config' xml ... i see you already plan also to include : music and youtube.fm plugin's for future version ... that's great (y)

Edit 2 : see screen .. i delete 1 more movie ... again all imag's was delete o.k , just covers not move to trash can...

Attachments

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Malta Malta
    Country flag
    Hi M3 , thanks for the plugin ,very nice :)

i start testing ... by the way on MP 1.3.0.A version ... now only on moving pictures :
    1- Background's - all delete correct and good ,and pass to trash can.
    2- Covers - all delete correct .... But not view in trash can ??

my setting ,is to move to trash can , not to delete complicit out of PC ...

i will test tv series little later , as i need to install the plugin on my test pc .... ;)

Edit : I look at mpcleaner config' xml ... i see you already plan also to include : music and youtube.fm plugin's for future version ... that's great (y)

Edit 2 : see screen .. i delete 1 more movie ... again all imag's was delete o.k , just covers not move to trash can...
    ysmp, I retried it on my setup and it deleted correctly as can be seen from the attached screenshot.....
    trash.png

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    South Korea South Korea
    Country flag
    humm... strange i try 2 more movies ... no covers image view in trash can ... ? only bg image's ...

again ,all bg and covers image's , Do delete correct from thumbs folders .... that's no problem :) the cover only just not view in trash can .. like BG do...

all i can add is , i use win7 (32 bit) English + MP 1.3.0.A .

Love the plugin :D

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Malta Malta
    Country flag
    ysmp, my test setup is the same except the MP version which is 1.2.3, so it's a bit strange why you are not seeing deleted covers in the trashcan as the delete setting is global :eek:

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    South Korea South Korea
    Country flag
    M3 , as far as i see the plugin work fine ,with MP 1.3.0.A ... no error log or any problem ....

better we wait for more feedback with MP 1.2.3 users ...... :)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Working good.

I have two suggestion:

1. Your plugin deletes now only a whole series. I think it is good idea to do the same check for episodes and delete the then not needed episodes pictures.

2. Something like a task planer/scheduler

And a problem: the plugin tried to delete "Thumbs.db", and because thumbs.db was in use windows ask me what to do. So you should prevent the deletion of system files.

Last edited:

Ricardo@MP

Portal Member
    May 25, 2012
    Guimarães
    Portugal Portugal
    Great plugin!

It`s possible add the myemulators plugin game thumbs folder? because every time I need change the database I need cleanup one by one the game folder that contain fanArt and covers.

Thanks

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    Sounds like a great little plugin!

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread