[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (3 Viewers)

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    .0.0.9 working good for me now no more crashes... Just using the 1 way sync at the moment though

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Just to inform all that am working to conclude the updating of watched statuses as well as other runtime values of certain plugins. At the moment am working on MovingPictures, Music and TVSeries.

The intention of this is to have the ability set the watched status and to continue watching a movie/series on a client from the point it was stopped on another client. Obviously the time it takes to replicate these values depend on the settings one sets in the plugin.

Hope to have a release soon!!

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    Just to inform all that am working to conclude the updating of watched statuses as well as other runtime values of certain plugins. At the moment am working on MovingPictures, Music and TVSeries.

The intention of this is to have the ability set the watched status and to continue watching a movie/series on a client from the point it was stopped on another client. Obviously the time it takes to replicate these values depend on the settings one sets in the plugin.

Hope to have a release soon!!

Sounds fantastic - does this mean the 2 way sync logic has been updated and should be possible now from all clients on the network?

Thanks for all your work on the plugin - this makes setting up a new box simple and keeps everything in sync with same cover art etc so really helps with WAF at home too!

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Any chance of making a stand alone version, a version not relying on MP to run.
    Like the stand alone configuration interface for MP-TVSeries.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    Was thinking about a new build process and wondered if there is any way to set clients up to sync more than just databases - so skin files and GUI preferences, codecs used etc so you could install and configure one main box then let all the rest pick up all changes from that one - this would be very good if at all possible. What do you think?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Was thinking about a new build process and wondered if there is any way to set clients up to sync more than just databases - so skin files and GUI preferences, codecs used etc so you could install and configure one main box then let all the rest pick up all changes from that one - this would be very good if at all possible. What do you think?

bob808, pelle_brolin asked same in post #84.

I would like to finish what I have first, as the plate is quite full :eek: , then we'll see...

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    MPSync v0.0.0.10 Beta is out. This version caters for synchronization of watched flags and resume of same movie/series on a different client. Please download from the repository link on post #1.

NB: for watched/resume synchronization to work, you do not need to set synchronization to both ways. This is only required if you do the import on multiple clients. If you only import new movies/series/etc on one main client, then you need to use 1-way synchronization.

For the time being, the watched/resume synchronization works for 3 plugins, namely:
    • MovingPictures
    • Music - no resume is available for this plugin.
    • TVSeries
    If there are others you would like the plugin to cater for, please ask and I'll see what I can do to accommodate.

Regards

PS. See post #106 for an update to the supported plugins.

Last edited:

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    are there any other reason to use this version? bug fixes/speed improvements etc? ie. if I don't care about watched flags, is there any other advantage from v0.0.0.9?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

For the time being, the watched/resume synchronization works for 3 plugins, namely:
    • MovingPictures
    • Music - no resume is available for this plugin.
    • TVSeries
    If there are others you would like the plugin to cater for, please ask and I'll see what I can do to accommodate.

Regards

Thx for this.
    Is it possible to have this feature for the original MePo video plugin to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom