[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (4 Viewers)

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I installed v 0.0.5 yesterday and managed to sync all my databases and my thumbs ok from my master pc. That worked fine (auto syncing not through settings panel).

Today I installed 0.0.6 on one of my client machines - it seems to sync on but when it finishes it crashes - this happens in mediaportal itself if left to auto run, or if I manually run from settings panel. I just get a media enter had stopped responding error and if I click ok it closes.

With 0.0.5 on the client I only tried in settings and it ran with no end just the spinner - I assumed that this was the bug you fixed in v6 but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone else getting this? Do you need logs (if so what ones)

Final query - I have a main box that is a client and server and 3 clients - should I set all to a 2 way sync to ensure that any views on a machine are pushed to the rest as it looks like if I setup as per guidance then it's a one way update only?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I installed v 0.0.5 yesterday and managed to sync all my databases and my thumbs ok from my master pc. That worked fine (auto syncing not through settings panel).

Today I installed 0.0.6 on one of my client machines - it seems to sync on but when it finishes it crashes - this happens in mediaportal itself if left to auto run, or if I manually run from settings panel. I just get a media enter had stopped responding error and if I click ok it closes.

With 0.0.5 on the client I only tried in settings and it ran with no end just the spinner - I assumed that this was the bug you fixed in v6 but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone else getting this? Do you need logs (if so what ones)

Final query - I have a main box that is a client and server and 3 clients - should I set all to a 2 way sync to ensure that any views on a machine are pushed to the rest as it looks like if I setup as per guidance then it's a one way update only?

bob808, if possible, can you upload your MPSync.xml and MediaPortal.log.

As to the spinner when running from the plugin, it does go to Not Responding, depending on the size of your DB and thumbs folders, but eventually it finishes, at least, it does on my setup ;).

For the 2 way sync, at the moment am looking at how to fine-tune it as I don't like it the way it is coded. One way sycn is fine, but am a bit uncertain on the 2 way one :unsure:.

alturismo

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    may a little question before i try further tracking down why theres nothing happening here

my setup looks like this

Server PC with MP and TV Server installed, all media is there ... running MP there only for MPExtended to get to my shares for mobile watching
    2 clients used for watching tv and media

main intention is i would like to stop a movie on client 1 and continue on client 2 at the last point without skipping manually to there,
    example, i start a movie and after 25 mins i move to bedroom, there i would like to continue with manually jumping to 25 min ...

so i thought this addon could be a nice solution cause the "bad multi seat setup" likes to crash ;)

if that should be supported with this central db plugin may a hint what could be the reasen theres nothing copied to "server" database folders ...

eithere i use \\server adressing nor direct adressing ...

configuration.log when i start manually inside plugin configuration

2013-03-27 07:01:00.910699 [Info.][Config Main(1)]: MPSync: process plugin initialisation.

thats it

my xml looks like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <profile>
    <section name="Plugin">
    <entry name="version">0.0.0.6</entry>
    <entry name="databases">True</entry>
    <entry name="thumbs">True</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="DB Path">
    <entry name="client">C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database</entry>
    <entry name="server">D:\Mediaportal\MPSync\database</entry>
    <entry name="direction">0</entry>
    <entry name="method">0</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="DB Settings">
    <entry name="sync periodicity">15</entry>
    <entry name="sync periodicity value">minutes</entry>
    <entry name="pause while playing">False</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="Thumbs Path">
    <entry name="client">C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs</entry>
    <entry name="server">D:\Mediaportal\MPSync\thumbs</entry>
    <entry name="direction">0</entry>
    <entry name="method">0</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="Thumbs Settings">
    <entry name="sync periodicity">15</entry>
    <entry name="sync periodicity value">minutes</entry>
    <entry name="pause while playing">False</entry>
    </section>
    </profile>

also when i let mediaportal run for some time nothing happpens

may a hint where to look whathappens ?

thanks ahead ;)

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK - updated my main pc to .0.0.6 today and it now crashes mediaportal like on my client... so seems to be something in this new code... logs attached.

Attachments

• MPSync.xml
      1.2 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    All, an updated version MPSync v0.0.0.7 Beta has just been released which contains enhanced error trapping and slight synchronization improvements when inserting a record and it already exists.

You can download from repository link in post #1.

Thanks

Last edited:

dyamant

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2007
    Castrop-Rauxel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If i start MPSync and i push the sync button the app crashed after few seconds.
    See Logfile

dyamant are you running the latest version i.e. v0.0.0.6 Beta? , can you upload your MPSycn.xml as well as a screenshot of the error as from the log, there are no errors reported.

Thanks
    I try now the latest version (0.7). There is no crash anymore. the Programm reports after a few second its finished. But if i look in the destination folder there is nothing copied. Hmmm. I run this test under Win7 (64) and Win8 (64).

Attachments

• MPSync.xml
      1.1 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I try now the latest version (0.7). There is no crash anymore. the Programm reports after a few second its finished. But if i look in the destination folder there is nothing copied. Hmmm. I run this test under Win7 (64) and Win8 (64).

dyamant, a stupid question from my side but folder D:\mp\DATABASE does contain the *.db3 files?

Regarding the thumbs issue, I think I found what the problem is. Will upload a new version that fixes this in a couple of minutes. In the meantime can you check regarding the databases pls.

Thanks

dyamant

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2007
    Castrop-Rauxel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

dyamant, a stupid question from my side but folder D:\mp\DATABASE does contain the *.db3 files?

Regarding the thumbs issue, I think I found what the problem is. Will upload a new version that fixes this in a couple of minutes. In the meantime can you check regarding the databases pls.

Thanks
    No my Source DB Folder is C:\Programdata\TeamMediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\
    I ve do anything wrong ?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta

Thanks
    I ve do anything wrong ?

Ok, and the setup in the xml is correct, but at the moment, the plugin expects that the 2 folders both contain the *.db3 files. Will do an enhancement in the next version to copy over the Dbs if these are missing as it is an issue being encountered quite often.

dyamant

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2007
    Castrop-Rauxel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks
    I ve do anything wrong ?

Ok, and the setup in the xml is correct, but at the moment, the plugin expects that the 2 folders both contain the *.db3 files. Will do an enhancement in the next version to copy over the Dbs if these are missing as it is an issue being encountered quite often.

I understand. I test it with database inside the destination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom