[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (5 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    A new version MPSync v0.0.0.8 Beta has been released. This has the possibility to switch on debug logs, for those of you who have issues, as well as create the database files if these do not exist in the target folder.

Please download from repository link in post #1.

Thanks

dyamant

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2007
    Castrop-Rauxel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No my Source DB Folder is C:\Programdata\TeamMediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\
    I ve do anything wrong ?

Ok, and the setup in the xml is correct, but at the moment, the plugin expects that the 2 folders both contain the *.db3 files. Will do an enhancement in the next version to copy over the Dbs if these are missing as it is an issue being encountered quite often.

I understand. I test it with database inside the destination.

Thnx a lot for this quick fixes.
    For me it runs now. (V0.8)
    Great Stuff !!

Last edited:

pelle brolin

Portal Member
    March 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    m3rcury, I have thought about my requests yesterday for enhanced functionality for deploying MP settings for my 6 clients from a master.

Wouldn't it be possible using MS SQL Express/mySQL/SQLite database to replicating ALL MediaPortal settings in the XML-files from each MP clients using MPSync to store the data into the database? MPSync need a GUI interface to be able to edit the MP settings for each client in the database. One record ID per MP client. Would be nice with possibilities of copy one MP client settings to another. Since the data is replicated both ways it will be possible centrally managing all MP clients using the MPSync tool or editing the MP clients individual using MP Config tool.

Remaining functionality in MPSync to resolve are distribution and replication of all plugins and skins installed on a master with automatic distribution to all clients. ;-)

// Pelle

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    A new version MPSync v0.0.0.9 Beta has been released. This fixes the thumbs synchronization problem reported by alturismo.

Please download from repository link in post #1.

Thanks ;)

Kernel

Portal Member
    May 10, 2007
    I do not really understand.
    The DBs are in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database I now want to sync these DBs to another folder (i.e. C:\Users\Kervin\Desktop\databases or later on NAS) to sync these to the other clients, too.
    The plugin does the initial copying, doens´t it? When I swap the folder settings, I do not see any DBs to select in the plugin unless I copy them to the destination folder manually.
    If I click on sync manually the plugin incl. configuration crashes emediately without doing anything. I have to kill the task. This happens every time no matter which settings I choose...

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I do not really understand.
    The DBs are in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database I now want to sync these DBs to another folder (i.e. C:\Users\Kervin\Desktop\databases or later on NAS) to sync these to the other clients, too.
    The plugin does the initial copying, doens´t it? When I swap the folder settings, I do not see any DBs to select in the plugin unless I copy them to the destination folder manually.
    If I click on sync manually the plugin incl. configuration crashes emediately without doing anything. I have to kill the task. This happens every time no matter which settings I choose...

Kernel, as a temporary measure, can you input the folder that has the databases as the client and the one you want to replicate to as the server... then set the direction from client to server. This is because currently the list of databases is only populated from the "client" path. I will look into fixing this.

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    As long as ShowTimes plugin has a database in the Mediaportal databases folder and thumbs in the Mediaportal thumbs folder, MPSync can handle it.

Unfortunately Showtimes saves everything in a dedicated folder (\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MTSA).

No matter, I will continue to synchronize with a simple (but inefficient) batch file.

Regards,
    xavier.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    As long as ShowTimes plugin has a database in the Mediaportal databases folder and thumbs in the Mediaportal thumbs folder, MPSync can handle it.

Unfortunately Showtimes saves everything in a dedicated folder (\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MTSA).

No matter, I will continue to synchronize with a simple (but inefficient) batch file.

Regards,
    xavier.

xavier, if I have time, I will look into it, but at the moment, I don't have the plugin installed, so might take some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom