[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (5 Viewers)

dyamant

Portal Pro
July 31, 2007
Castrop-Rauxel
Home Country
Germany Germany
If i start MPSync and i push the sync button the app crashed after few seconds.
See Logfile

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    If i start MPSync and i push the sync button the app crashed after few seconds.
    See Logfile

dyamant are you running the latest version i.e. v0.0.0.6 Beta? , can you upload your MPSycn.xml as well as a screenshot of the error as from the log, there are no errors reported.

Thanks

Kernel

Portal Member
    May 10, 2007
    Hi.
    This plugin seems to be exactly what I was looking for some time.
    Unfortunately it does not work with my installation. I have the same problem as dyamant. Conifguration crashes after starting manual sync. The plugin is started every minute, but no files are copied into the destination folder.
    I tried a couple of settings, but nothing worked.
    I attached all relevant logs (I hope)
    Thanks for help.

Attachments

• MPSync.xml
      1.3 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi.
    This plugin seems to be exactly what I was looking for some time.
    Unfortunately it does not work with my installation. I have the same problem as dyamant. Conifguration crashes after starting manual sync. The plugin is started every minute, but no files are copied into the destination folder.
    I tried a couple of settings, but nothing worked.
    I attached all relevant logs (I hope)
    Thanks for help.

Kernel, according to the setup in MPSync.xml you are synchronizing only the databases. You are synchronizing databases that exist in folder C:\Users\Kervin\Desktop\databases to those in folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database. Just a stupid question...databases (*.db3) do exist in C:\Users\Kervin\Desktop\databases which is acting as your server, because from the behaviour of the plugin, it seems that nothing was found.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks

Last edited:

pelle brolin

Portal Member
    March 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What's the different between start using MPSync versus manually editing the file MediaPortalDirs.xml? The path in the MediaPortalDirs.xml in all my clients points to the same windows share and have been working great for years. What are the benefits of MPSync versus manually editing the MediaPortalDirs.xml file?

Will MPSync also synchronize and distribute ALL settings to all my 6 MediaPortal clients in my house? It would be great only having one master to configure and ALL settings, skins, etc will be automatically populated to the rest of my client machines.

Thanks in advance, Pelle.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    What's the different between start using MPSync versus manually editing the file MediaPortalDirs.xml? The path in the MediaPortalDirs.xml in all my clients points to the same windows share and have been working great for years. What are the benefits of MPSync versus manually editing the MediaPortalDirs.xml file?

Will MPSync also synchronize and distribute ALL settings to all my 6 MediaPortal clients in my house? It would be great only having one master to configure and ALL settings, skins, etc will be automatically populated to the rest of my client machines.

Thanks in advance, Pelle.

pelle brolin, this plugin synchronizes the databases and the thumbs. Do you have one central database shared among all your clients? If that is the case, which is not recommended anywhere in the forum, you do not need this. If you have local databases for each client, then you can use this to import everything on just one client and synchronize to all the others.

Regarding the skin settings, this is not catered for at the moment, but if there is demand, can be built in.

pelle brolin

Portal Member
    March 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, I have one central db for all my clients. I have simply editing the MediaPortalDirs.xml in all my clients pointing to the same windows share. Please what are the expected problems by doing this instead of using local db and MPSync?

If not MPSync supports ALL MediaPortal configuraion settings do you please know if there is an existing plugin pushing ALL MediaPortal settings from a master installation to my 6 clients. Synchronization of MediaPortal settings to clients could be wrong method since I want to do some minory chang in at least one of them still using an old 4:3 beamer. Pushing out the setting would be great and then afterword I could do only the changes. But synchronization of skin and plugins would be great. I would all my clients work the same.

// Pelle

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Yes, I have one central db for all my clients. I have simply editing the MediaPortalDirs.xml in all my clients pointing to the same windows share. Please what are the expected problems by doing this instead of using local db and MPSync?

Pelle, the problem is concurrent usage. In fact in this wiki page there is the following:
    NOTE this is a configuration change that is not officially supported by the MediaPortal Team but forum members maybe able to assist in resolving issues. Some users have reported database corruption when more than one client access same database at a time. If you try this, ensure only one client is active at a time.
    The other advantage of local DB is speed.

pelle brolin said:
    If not MPSync supports ALL MediaPortal configuraion settings do you please know if there is an existing plugin pushing ALL MediaPortal settings from a master installation to my 6 clients. Synchronization of MediaPortal settings to clients could be wrong method since I want to do some minory chang in at least one of them still using an old 4:3 beamer. Pushing out the setting would be great and then afterword I could do only the changes. But synchronization of skin and plugins would be great. I would all my clients work the same.

// Pelle
    Regarding your other request, will see the implications of that.

Last edited:

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi m3rcury,

a future feature request for you: add support for ShowTimes plugin (backdrops and trailers)...

Regards,
    xavier.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi m3rcury,

a future feature request for you: add support for ShowTimes plugin (backdrops and trailers)...

Regards,
    xavier.

xavier, MPSync is plugin independent. As long as ShowTimes plugin has a database in the Mediaportal databases folder and thumbs in the Mediaportal thumbs folder, MPSync can handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom