[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (2 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    well for example, my main system has a very large main MP videos DB, whereas the clients only have a small HDD with a few selected shows to watch without the server. I only select the moving pictures and tv series DB's to sync, and worry that syncing the entire thumbs dir will use unnecessary resources since the clients are mITX with low power CPU's. The videos, music and MVcentral databases are different depending on the client.
    Will copying over the entire thumbs dir be ok on the clients with different DB's and thumbs for those DB's? or will it create problems (never wanted to find out it it was bad or not :whistle: )

Collective, having extra stuff (thumbs) will not interfere with functionality, but obviously will take up unnecessary disk space. Will introduce the feature in the next release then.

Collective, changes done... will give them some testing and upload new version later on in the day. Thanks for your feedback so far.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    An updated version has been just released that contains a fix to the above issue and selection of which folders to synchronize.

Regards

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is there a limit for the size of the thumbs folder? I have about 15 000 files and 1,9GB of data in the thumbs structure and MPSync has been in a "Not responding" mode for some 20 minutes now. I can see in the log that the sync of the databases was successful (once I understand that I needed to copy everything to the server first) but after that - nothing.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Is there a limit for the size of the thumbs folder? I have about 15 000 files and 1,9GB of data in the thumbs structure and MPSync has been in a "Not responding" mode for some 20 minutes now. I can see in the log that the sync of the databases was successful (once I understand that I needed to copy everything to the server first) but after that - nothing.

Elof, my thumbs folder contained over 38,000 images and to copy all, it took some time. Can you check in the target folder whether the number of objects is increasing? Also, if you are running the synchronization from the Synchronize Now button, you can always close the plugin window to stop it.[DOUBLEPOST=1364161141][/DOUBLEPOST]After further testing, an updated MPSync 0.0.0.3 Beta has been released to address some data incompatibility issues in certain fields of particular tables. You can download from the download repository in post #1.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Thanks for the enhancements :)

Did you manage to put the "media playing" detection in the new version?

J.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi there,

Thanks for the enhancements :)

Did you manage to put the "media playing" detection in the new version?

J.

Jay, you're welcome. The media detection didn't manage to do yet. Will need to see how it's done :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom