[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (3 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Please bear with me as I found a bug whereby some of the thumbs folders where being skipped if specific folders was selected in the setup. This has now been fixed in MPSync v0.0.0.4 Beta version.

Thanks and aplologies ;)

Last edited:

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Wow, lots of changes while I was asleep ;)
    uninstalled CDBsync and installed MPSync v0.0.0.4b and it crashes when trying to save changes in the config window. So am unable to get any further than that :(

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Wow, lots of changes while I was asleep ;)
    uninstalled CDBsync and installed MPSync v0.0.0.4b and it crashes when trying to save changes in the config window. So am unable to get any further than that :(

Collective, think I found what your problem is. A new version has been released, MPSync v0.0.0.5 Beta which has an added enhancement to pause while media is playing plus fixed issue reported by yourself.

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Thanks for incorporating the media detection. :)

One quick question (I havent tested/checked), if syncing is in process and then someone starts watching media - is the syncing stopped?

J.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

When I try and do a manual sync, it hangs Configuration.exe.

Check the attached log.

Thanks,

J.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi there,

Check the attached log.

Thanks,

J.

J. let me have a look to see whether there is some thread that is not signalling completion correctly....

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi there,

Thanks for incorporating the media detection. :)

One quick question (I havent tested/checked), if syncing is in process and then someone starts watching media - is the syncing stopped?

J.

J. if the pause when player active is checked and syncing is in progress, when media playing starts, the syncing is paused until the media playing stops.[DOUBLEPOST=1364248500][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi there,

Check the attached log.

Thanks,

J.

J. let me have a look to see whether there is some thread that is not signalling completion correctly....

J. this has now been solved. For some reason the main thread was not detecting the end thread signal. This issue was only happening when executing sync from the plugin as from MePo itself, this worked fine. Now changed some of the logic and as soon as synchronization is complete, it passes back the control to the setup screen.

New version MPSync v0.0.0.6 Beta is available from the repository. Apologies for these frequent updates but want to have a version out immediately to receive as much feedback as possible...

Thanks for all your support. (y)

Last edited:

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    just curious, but what priority does the syncing work at? is it below normal? Task manager just listed configuration.exe from MP running at normal priority
    If not, perhaps below normal might help with syncing during playback a little?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom