[Plugin] MyPlexMedia - A PlexMediaServer Browser (1.2.x Compatibility Release & New Stuff) (1 Viewer)

DFergATL

Portal Member
September 21, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Would it be possible to use the different sections in Plex to replace sections in MP. For example, the "Movies" library from Plex Media Server would be displayed as an alternative to Moving Pictures. This way, myPlexMedia would not be a subgrouping of content but more fully integrated into the flow of MP.

I would like this too :)

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I tried installing on 1.3 and it doesn't seem to work. I can setup the plugin in config, but when I open the plugin there is nothing there. No buttons, no lists, no media.
It might be a skin issue, but I tried both with Titan and DefaultWide.

Is there any chance of this plugin getting updated? I really like Plex for handling my movies and TVseries from a central server, but I still need MediaPortal for LiveTV so an integration like this plugin would be amazing.

Oh, and also, if there is any chance it could replace the standard MediaPortal Movies and TVseries sections like suggested it would be even more amazing.

Thanks.

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi everybody:

This must be a dumb question, but what's the advantage of this plugin??
Plex is same kind of program as MP with the advantage that it can be reached from remote wifi's with all the media information and artwork.
So once you have Plex Media Server you don't need MediaPortal.Or am I missing something ???

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I have plex installed for those people that use ipads, laptops, etc. and don't want to, or don't know how to, use MP. Plex has the advantage that it can be totally browser-based, with non-techies are more familiar with. It also doesn't use the 10' GUI approach so it doesn't really need to take up much space on a person's desktop (and still look "normal"). I have a flatmate that uses an iPad and has no computer knowledge. I told him "Install Plex". That's it - no other info. He was up and running and watching stuff within 30 seconds.

Its also good for low-bandwidth connections.

I wouldn't use Plex for the main big TV in the living room, though. Their 10' GUI is not as rich as MP.

Not really sure why or how I'd use the plex plugin inside MP though, unless I wanted to connect to someone else's Plex server and access a different media library.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I wish this was the opposite way around
    eg. a MP inside plex, ie make moving pics + my tvseries database + rec tv database available via 3x plex channels.

Last edited:

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Well, the recorded TV ability would be good, but Plex already displays tv series info and movie info (metadata) about as well as MP does - the layout is different, but the data's essentially mostly the same. In fact, Plex plays a TV show's intro tune (optionally) when you select it, which is kinda neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom