[Plugin] MyPlexMedia - A PlexMediaServer Browser (1.2.x Compatibility Release & New Stuff) (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes it does, but it would mean not having to run 2x media servers and also having multiple metadata libraries. :) Just a dream anyway, it is beyond the scope of this app.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Kiwi.
    This could be a task for MP2 Server. There only a plugin is needed so MP2 server also can act as a plex server. At least I think it's that easy ;) ...

Schicksal

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That would be nice. I'm running mepo and plex because my htpc is the only win pc and i can't watch my stuff on my apple devices with mepo only.

JACOB B

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    So has this plug-in died?
    It shows up as compatible on MP 1.4, but the plug-in is empty in the GUI ?!

jenbot

August 21, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So has this plug-in died?
    It shows up as compatible on MP 1.4, but the plug-in is empty in the GUI ?!

where does it show up as compatible for 1.4? Its not even compatible for 1.3 yet. TBH I think its been behind since its been behind since it's release, or close to it. So, I guess the real question is......
    Is this plugin dead? If not can we at least get some feedback on if the dev plans on trying to even remotely catch up with the releases?

Marbles_00

Portal Member
    April 14, 2010
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well, trying out Plex, and finding a possible solution to intergrating it with MediaPortal, I was disappointed to find that development hasn't happened on this for quite a while...and the possible solution is right there.

Anthrax needs to add the PIN code procedure so the server can connect to the client properly. I discovered that attempted connection when looking at my.plexapp.com/devices to see that MyPLexMedia made an attempt to connect. The difference between a successful connection and one that isn't is the entry of the PIN ID.

Hopefully Anthrax will come back and update this someday.

sincze

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2011
    Well, trying out Plex, and finding a possible solution to intergrating it with MediaPortal, I was disappointed to find that development hasn't happened on this for quite a while...and the possible solution is right there.

Anthrax needs to add the PIN code procedure so the server can connect to the client properly. I discovered that attempted connection when looking at my.plexapp.com/devices to see that MyPLexMedia made an attempt to connect. The difference between a successful connection and one that isn't is the entry of the PIN ID.

Hopefully Anthrax will come back and update this someday.

I do see a new 1.5.4 version that seems to be compatible with MP 1.5.0. At least MP 1.5.0 doens't say it is not compatible.
    However I am able to check the connections (it is able to connect) however it doesn't store it's values so when you leave the configuration of the plugin. it is all gone. The save button of the configuration tool is not enabled. Never.

Attachments

• Plex 1.5.4.png
      Plex 1.5.4.png
      38.6 KB

dvgeek

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2013
    SF Bay Area, California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Schicksal - I'm running two servers - one for MePo and one for Plex - MePo/Argus (You just can't beat Argus for scheduling power) handles live TV / recording / timeshifting, etc. Plex is the main media server with multiple TB's of storage where everything resides. My client HTPC is far, far away in the living room next to my big TV.

@sincze - I too saw the new 1.5.4 version and I thought my prayers were answered - I do not have to run 2 clients on my HTPC - but ran into the same issue. Can't save the manual connection - can connect thru myplex - but once I get back to MePo - the plug-in fails to launch.

Hoping Anthrax is watching this thread and comes back with a fix / solution.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just hoping to kick this thing back to live :)
    It would be great of I can use MyPlex, I just moved to Plex for its DLNA server that is awesome... and the apps ar not so bad either ;)
    So if my HTPC can use Plex for the video's, images and music I can use the MP interface for TV recordings and the great remote control support.
    That would make things more streamlined around my house :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom