[Plugin] MyPlexMedia - A PlexMediaServer Browser (1.2.x Compatibility Release & New Stuff) (1 Viewer)

an0nz

Portal Member
May 18, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey All,

I have updated the source to work with MP1.8 and the current way Plex handles authentication. You can use your own plex server or connect to shared content servers without any issues.
I have no idea how to skin it though and have been pulling my hair out trying to work out how to create a Titan skin for it since the original was for the Default Skin. Currently it works best on Default but is still a bit buggy, it works on Titan if you persevere and can manage to switch the view when it gets to coverflow then you can select and play a file.

This is an alpha release, with the hope that someone can help me out with the skin files, so if you are good at skinning please download the source and help me out.

https://github.com/an0nz/MyPlexMedia/

or if you really just want to try it out and see how bad the skin files currently are

https://github.com/an0nz/MyPlexMedia/raw/master/MyPlexMedia v1.6.0a.zip

Attachments

• MyPlexMedia v1.6.0a.zip
    2.3 MB

sincze

Portal Pro
September 18, 2011
Hey All,

I have updated the source to work with MP1.8 and the current way Plex handles authentication. You can use your own plex server or connect to shared content servers without any issues.
I have no idea how to skin it though and have been pulling my hair out trying to work out how to create a Titan skin for it since the original was for the Default Skin. Currently it works best on Default but is still a bit buggy, it works on Titan if you persevere and can manage to switch the view when it gets to coverflow then you can select and play a file.

This is an alpha release, with the hope that someone can help me out with the skin files, so if you are good at skinning please download the source and help me out.

https://github.com/an0nz/MyPlexMedia/

or if you really just want to try it out and see how bad the skin files currently are

https://github.com/an0nz/MyPlexMedia/raw/master/MyPlexMedia v1.6.0a.zip

Yes, finaly some activity ;-) Will start testing!

Unfortunately manually adding the server doesn't enable me to save it.
I was able to login once through e-mail/username screen. After that only 'unhandled exceptions'
MediaPortal-Plex.png

Last edited:

an0nz

Portal Member
May 18, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I will try take a look at this tonight but might not have time. Can't be anything to major causing it, haven't used the manual option yet as I don't have a local plex server. Will set one up and give it a test.

Did you try out the bonjour search?

sincze

Portal Pro
September 18, 2011
I will try take a look at this tonight but might not have time. Can't be anything to major causing it, haven't used the manual option yet as I don't have a local plex server. Will set one up and give it a test.

Did you try out the bonjour search?

Thanks for suggestion. I tried Bonjour. Did not find my local plex server.
Although I now was able to get a green logo for signing in to my 'remote' plex. However I'm unable to save this.
Further testing was now impossible as I received the 'Unhandled Exception' warning again.
This can only be solved by quiting the MP Configuration tool, restarting it and reconfigure the Plex plugin.

Attachments

• Plex-Discovery.png
    Plex-Discovery.png
    48.5 KB
  • Plex-Green.png
    Plex-Green.png
    51.6 KB

an0nz

Portal Member
May 18, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
In my testing I have been connecting to a remote shared server, to do this I open the config, login, then the server just appears in the servers list automatically. I'll need to get a local server going so I can test all scenarios, they may have different auth methods for local servers.

sincze

Portal Pro
September 18, 2011
In my testing I have been connecting to a remote shared server, to do this I open the config, login, then the server just appears in the servers list automatically. I'll need to get a local server going so I can test all scenarios, they may have different auth methods for local servers.

If I connect to my plex over the internet (green button, press X to close the screen) save the MP configuration I'm able to watch something.
As it will buffer over the internet not that ideal. No 720p or 1080p

Additionally as you said, the interface (TITAN) is not working that well with Plex yet. Have to press several keys to actually view something.
A well small steps and at least now it is working.

Attachments

• Plex-Working.png
    Plex-Working.png
    840 KB

an0nz

Portal Member
May 18, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Ok cool, thanks for all the testing I'll try get the bugs you found sorted this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom