[Plugin] Opera Mobile Launcher (Web Browser) (1 Viewer)

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I found a way to let MediaPortal pick up remote commands and forward them to the Opera Mobile window.

The best solution will be deduce all Opera Mobile action from standard Media Portal "Action". See configuration for keyboard or remote. This solution will be totally universal and free of any control method.

Dragy, pleas continue, you are at the right way :D.

BTW: Currently I'm using Browse The Web plugin and this one uses described method (though not always :(). See attached screenshot of the configuration for this plugin. The source of Browse The Web plugin can be a good inspiration.

JiRo.

Attachments

• Browse The Web Config.jpg
      Browse The Web Config.jpg
      109.7 KB

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found a way to let MediaPortal pick up remote commands and forward them to the Opera Mobile window.

The best solution will be deduce all Opera Mobile action from standard Media Portal "Action". See configuration for keyboard or remote. This solution will be totally universal and free of any control method.

Dragy, pleas continue, you are at the right way :D.

BTW: Currently I'm using Browse The Web plugin and this one uses described method (though not always :(). See attached screenshot of the configuration for this plugin. The source of Browse The Web plugin can be a good inspiration.

JiRo.
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing now! I didn't know that Browse The Web is working the same way, so I will take a look at the source code :) Thanks!

edit: Hmm can't find the source.. but whatever, it's already working great :) Just have to finetune some things. Test release out this evening for sure :)

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hmm can't find the source

Attached source of older version Browse The Web. Concentrate on the module GUIPlugin.cs.

Bye the way, I have Browse The Web source because made a mod "Call with parameter", see post about it. Would be nice if Opera Mobile Launcher also had an opportunity to run with the parameter. I'm ready help you with this.

Look forward to new version of Opera Mobile Launcher and ready for testing.

JiRo.

Attachments

• Source.zip
      1.5 MB

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Awesome!
    You can help me with that if you want. I will release 0.3 beta in a few minutes.
    The source of the current version is in the attachment.

Attachments

• Opera Mobile Launcher SOURCE.zip
      27.4 KB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Dragy, thanks for the update..

But actually, I have no idea what's exactly changed.. Maybe you can explain what you mean with; "Button forwarding" ? Maybe a stuppid question , but I have no idea what to do with it.. After this update, I thougt that the buttons of my remote where consomizeble for this plugin.. So, by example; Esc was to close the browser, F9 was to do the same action as F1 (show menu), etc.. But I can't change anything...

Could you explain how this stuff works maybe....?

Let me be honest.. There are a lot of browsers for Mediaportal.. I'm now using "Brose the web", and that's by far the best browser at this moment.. Your plugin has a big potential, but it fails at a few critical points.. A good webbrowser is a must-have for a lot of users.. (I think) I hope to see a usable plugin soon!

Good luck with developing, and if I can help, with translation, or with my opinion; let me know!

EDIT: 2 other points:

-The mouse cursor is enabled when using this plugin.. (not the one that's intergraded in this plugin, but the default windows one.
    -I have to disable the option; "Keep Mediaportal on top" to show this plugin.. But that gives me some other troubles. By example; MPdisplay2 doesn't work as it should be..
    Best regards

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, as you know, Opera Mobile is not part of MediaPortal.. so, the buttons you normally use for MediaPortal (like you have configured in the MediaPortal configuration), don't work in Opera Mobile.

Opera Mobile does NOT support input other then F1 (mostly for menus), F2 (mostly for going back), the arrow keys, Enter and the numpad. So, for this reason, it also does not work with your remote controller. You can't open the menu in Opera Mobile for example, because you must open it by pressing F1 on your keyboard.

With the new feature (the button forwarding), you can use the standard MediaPortal buttons to control Opera Mobile, by forwarding and translating the pressed buttons to Opera Mobile. It just sends the F1/F2 button to OperaMobile..

Here a list of what action MP picks up, and what keyboard key is send to OperaMobile after:
    ACTION_CONTEXT_MENU (info button on MCE remote, F9 on your keyboard) -> F1
    ACTION_PREV_ITEM (rewind button on MCE remote) -> F2
    ACTION_PAGE_UP (channelup button on MCE remote) -> Numpad 8
    ACTION_PAGE_DOWN (channeldown button on MCE remote) -> Numpad 2

I hope it is all clear now. If not, send me a PM, we can just talk in het Nederlands :)

Enominus

Portal Member
    April 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Dragy,
    thanks for that cool plugin. I controll Opera Mobile with the external app "X10receiver". To navigate inside Opera Mobile I have maped the arrow keys and the "Enter" key of my keybord to my remote. But now I have the problem that every time I press one of these keys, the action is beeing done in Opera AND Mediaportal. Do you have a solution for that?

best regards
    Enominus

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you have "Use MP to forward buttons ..." enabled?

Normally, only keys send by the keyboard get send to the 'front' app.. MediaPortal can also receive button pressesFROM A REMOTE PLUGIN when not in front. So, this is a bit odd..

Enominus

Portal Member
    April 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had "Use MP to forward buttons ..." disabled, because I thougt it should only be enabled when no external app to control opera mobile is beeing used. however I have enabled it now and it works!
    thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom