Plugin: RARFileSource (A rar filter) (1 Viewer)

Matze

Portal Member
February 14, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Isn´t this possible with iso files? i have always problems with virtual disk...

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Yeh, thanks, I actually just upgraded to 1.3 and it was working, but then I did something and it stopped again. So I've reverted to an partition image when it was working and so far so good. I'll gradually make the changes / updates I did before and see if I can pin the problem down.

So far so good tho.

Does it still work for you?
I also get the "Unable to play:...." message. I never worked for me with MP1.3. In 1.2.6 it was perfect so I would love to have it back.

I have just upgraded to MP1.3RC and I'm also having problems with playing rar stored avi's, that worked perfectly fine with the previous version.
Do you know why is this happening? I either get the Unable to play filename message or when the playback starts, the image is choppy and freezes, with no sound.
I have the latest version of RARFileSource installed.

kobus

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
Did a clean install of 1.3.0RC yesterday. At first the rarfiles played just fine again. But after setting up MP further it stopped working again (get the message "Unable to play: ...." again).

One of the things I setup inbetween the working/notworking situations is the subcentral plugin. Now trying to find out if this is actually the cause of the problem.

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
Hi all

I don't think this is related to anything in particular. Previously I created a partition image, I then gradually setup all the bits i wanted to change in MP Config. Everytime I did this it broke, no matter what order I set things up, I.e. test it and it works, close MP, go into Config, setup tvseries, try it and its broke. Then I'd reinstall the partition image, test it, it works, go into Config, change skin settings, test it, it's broke.

Eventually I reinstalled the partition image, tested it and it worked. Then went into Config, didn't change anything, just clicked ok, and even that broke it.

Mark

kobus

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
Yeah, I got a similair result. Could not find the thing that breaks the plugin either. Actually went back to MP 1.2.3 and it works fine now.

But now 1.3.0 final is out... has anyone tried the rarfile plugin with this version?
edit: Gave it a quick try, same as with 1.3.0RC unfortionatly

Last edited:

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
For me I just drag the rar file into windows media player and it plays.

I've also right clicked the rar file and 'opened with' WMP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom