Plugin request: Archived recordings (1 Viewer)

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am now using MP for half a year or so and there is something i'm missing (or perhaps its there but I overlooked it!). I was coming from Sage TV before I started with MP. In sage tv there was an option to archive recordings in a special archive folder. This way I could keep favorite recordings, but the wouldn't appear in the recorded list anymore. I found this a very useful feature as otherwise the list of recordings would grow longer and longer, plus the risk of accidental removal is smaller that way.

Perhaps more people would like this feature inside MP....I know I would like it!

I'm not nearly able enough to device my own plugins, so perhaps there is someone that can make this. In my limited view it is not a difficult thing to make. I would simply mean an extra menu item in the TV section called archived recordings or something.

So, I hope more users would like this! :)

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hmmm....I gather no1 is missing this item in MP? Maybe I'm overlooking a feature that MP already has. Maybe some1 can direct me to it.

My problem is that my 'recordings' list is expanding more and more, because there are things I don't want to throw away. I just want to move them elsewhere, so they don't clutter up the recordings list anymore.

Any ideas on how I can change this?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm....I gather no1 is missing this item in MP? Maybe I'm overlooking a feature that MP already has. Maybe some1 can direct me to it.

My problem is that my 'recordings' list is expanding more and more, because there are things I don't want to throw away. I just want to move them elsewhere, so they don't clutter up the recordings list anymore.

Any ideas on how I can change this?

I guess most people would just move these "keepers" to a share configured in MyVideos and then press the recordedtv cleanup button which will remove DB entries which filenames changed.

Cuitlahac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Göttingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use MCEBuddy running in the background (tray) to get the recordings I want to keep converted/compressed to avi or mkv automagically after 14 days and then let them move to a share folder called "Archiv", just as rtv suggested. Everything works completely in the background. MCEbuddy only converts/moves the files that are older than for example 14 days, so I can delete those recordings I don't want to have for longer right after watching them.
    And now and then I press the cleanup button in MyTV recordings to clean the db.

henk99

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the responses all! I will have a look at this MCEBuddy tool. Perhaps this is workable for me as well. I would think that all the info about the recording will be lost this way, right?

I hope something in the form of a plugin can be created that keeps all the recording info etc. Personally, I think it should be a basic MP feature, but in the future perhaps this will happen.

Cuitlahac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Göttingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to keep the info or description for the archived recording all you have to do is to move/copy the corresponding *.xml file manually from the recording folder to the destinated archiv folder. That's all.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I wouldn't mind to see this feature in 1.1.0. Any community developers interested in providing a patch that does following:

1) Extends recorded tv recording item context menu to have an option to "Archive current recording"
    2) Allow file to be moved to a different "archive" folder on HD (even to a network location) - Database needs to updated
    3) Create a new view under the tv plugin to hold the archieved shows

Anything else?

henk99

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That would be great!

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I wouldn't mind to see this feature in 1.1.0. Any community developers interested in providing a patch that does following:

1) Extends recorded tv recording item context menu to have an option to "Archive current recording"
    2) Allow file to be moved to a different "archive" folder on HD (even to a network location) - Database needs to updated
    3) Create a new view under the tv plugin to hold the archieved shows

Anything else?

I was going to do something like this for myself, if nothing came up (didn't think it would be accepted into 1.1.0). So if you want it, I will give it a try.

1) Does this need to be registered somewhere so that we don't have 10 people doing the same ?

2) When you say new view you mean a new ID like WINDOW_RECORDEDTV , just a new one called WINDOW_RECORDEDTVARCHIVE ?

3) Any deadline for testing to 1.1.0 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom