Plugin request: Archived recordings (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wouldn't mind to see this feature in 1.1.0. Any community developers interested in providing a patch that does following:

1) Extends recorded tv recording item context menu to have an option to "Archive current recording"
    2) Allow file to be moved to a different "archive" folder on HD (even to a network location) - Database needs to updated
    3) Create a new view under the tv plugin to hold the archieved shows

Anything else?

I was going to do something like this for myself, if nothing came up (didn't think it would be accepted into 1.1.0). So if you want it, I will give it a try.

1) Does this need to be registered somewhere so that we don't have 10 people doing the same ?

2) When you say new view you mean a new ID like WINDOW_RECORDEDTV , just a new one called WINDOW_RECORDEDTVARCHIVE ?

3) Any deadline for testing to 1.1.0 :D

I guess tourettes wasn't referring to a new window screen but a "presentation" view (like where you switch between recordings by name, channel, genre).

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I guess tourettes wasn't referring to a new window screen but a "presentation" view (like where you switch between recordings by name, channel, genre).

Okay, instead there should also be one for Recorded/Archived , like the one you mention.

I would also add a field to the database table recordings, something like Archived default 0, but 1 when archived.

0/1 because maybe there could at somepoint be more archives Film, Series, Docu etc

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    [I guess tourettes wasn't referring to a new window screen but a "presentation" view (like where you switch between recordings by name, channel, genre).

Actually I was hoping to have a new button in the tv home, would cause less confusion when wife is not noticing that the view mode is wrong and her recordings have gone "missing". :)

Also wouldn't you still be want to be able to sort those genre / channel etc. withing the new recording archive?

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    [I guess tourettes wasn't referring to a new window screen but a "presentation" view (like where you switch between recordings by name, channel, genre).

Actually I was hoping to have a new button in the tv home, would cause less confusion when wife is not noticing that the view mode is wrong and her recordings have gone "missing". :)

Also wouldn't you still be want to be able to sort those genre / channel etc. withing the new recording archive?

Both solutions are possible, just need to figure out which one it should be.

And the features from the current recordedTV screen, should work on archived as well - in my opinion

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

That's why I'd suppose something slightly different:

Have another checkmark style button on the left (there's still room in recorded tv) which simply toggles between including archived files or not.

I don't see the need for a DB field. Either the files are here or there... In fact I dislike having all those "status vars - just in case you need them" around which you have to update everywhere.

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

That's why I'd suppose something slightly different:

Have another checkmark style button on the left (there's still room in recorded tv) which simply toggles between including archived files or not.

I don't see the need for a DB field. Either the files are here or there... In fact I dislike having all those "status vars - just in case you need them" around which you have to update everywhere.

Well I think that you guys must decide what you want.

But reffering to what Henk99 wrote elsewhere, he has already 11 pages of recordings the only way to get just some sort of overview you will need different archives and I can surely see that this will happen for many.
    Copy the files to a Video directory loses the info on screen

The amount of code and errors will almost be the same if you have 1, 5 or 10 archives. Why not go for that when there is going to be changes anyway?

I can only offer my opinion here.

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have done a little work on this, still many things missing, but it gives some idea on how it would look.
    The archive names should not be on the disk quota tab, but there was room for the fields, while "work in progress"
    2 pictures showing Recorded TV and 1 archive.
    1 picture showing the popup for Selecting Archive (or Recorded TV)
    1 picture showing dynamic names for archives - for now all recordings would stay in the recorded folder, but later they should have their own directory.

Well this is my idea right now.

PS Is it my mistake, or is there an issue with long names in the list view?

Attachments

• picrec.jpg
      picrec.jpg
      72.4 KB
    • picsel.jpg
      picsel.jpg
      70 KB
    • picfilm.jpg
      picfilm.jpg
      67.6 KB
    • picset.jpg
      picset.jpg
      34.3 KB

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PS Is it my mistake, or is there an issue with long names in the list view?

Looks like the individual labels 1/2/3 of the listitem are swapped since the control itself keeps space between each label.

henk99

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all. I just wanted to say that I hugely appreciate the effort you guys put in to make this feature happen!!

I am trying to follow the discussions, but the terminology is out of my league I guess. My feeling is that what you guys are making is much more that I asked for, but I'm sure it will be great.

Keep up the good work :D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am trying to follow the discussions, but the terminology is out of my league I guess. My feeling is that what you guys are making is much more that I asked for, but I'm sure it will be great.

hehe, I get that all the time, just do not let it intimidate you, then it brings everything down to human level :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom