Testbuilds for SlimTV using TVServer+MPExtended - Updated for 2.2 (2018-10-09)! (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New SlimTV Testbuilds using MPExtended provider

Please read our wiki page TV_support for a description of the different operation modes first!

This thread provides download of frequently updated testbuilds of SlimTV with the MPExtended provider. All versions are full installers, based on MP2 Alpha 4 and includes all other fixes and new features since then.

Because all client side features of SlimTV are developed for both MPExtended and NativeTV builds, both builds also have a common change log. Please see this post for details: Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)!

Downloads:
    2014-01-25: Redirecting...
    2014-02-13: http://tinyurl.com/paz4955
    2014-04-20: http://build-2.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortal/MP2-Setup-10th_Anniversary_Edition_SlimTV_MPExt.zip

Old stuff, deprecated:
    The new available MediaPortal 2 Alpha Release does not yet include TV features.

The goal of SlimTV Plugin is to provide a basic TV support and to develop the GUI features. It is already designed to be flexible to work with so called "providers". Currently it uses Tv4Home service to connect the MP1 TvServer. Also there is a port to MPExtended available soon.

For installation requirements and steps please check the wiki page MediaPortal Wiki

Some example screens from the Reflexion skin:
    Reflexion_Alpha_19.jpgReflexion_Alpha_20.jpgReflexion_Alpha_21.jpgReflexion_Alpha_22.jpgReflexion_Alpha_24.jpg

New version v02 (04.03.2012)
    • Improved multi-channel TV guide (Reflexionskin only):
      • highlight the current running program
      • current time indicator bar
    • Added support for MPExtended as provider, including authentication support (based on version 0.4.2)
      • Important: You can only have one provider in your MP2-Client plugin folder, if you put in both it won't work! This also means: remove the SlimTV4HomeProvider before adding the MPExtended one!
    v02_TvGuide_improvements.jpgv02_MPExtended_Support.jpg

New version v03 (19.03.2012)
    • Added channel zapping support in fullscreen (keys: PageUp/PageDown)
    • Improved multi-channel TV guide:
      • Added scheduling options for programs
      • Added "Record now" for running programs
      • Highlight of scheduled programs (Reflexion skin only!)
    • Fixed graph rebuilding issues i.e. when changing HD/SD channels
    The SlimTVClient (v03) does also include some updates for VideoPlayers and Reflexion skin. Overwrite existing files with the contents of archive!
    v03_add_simple_schedule.jpg v03_tvguide_schedules.jpgv03_remove_schedule.jpg

MP2 Alpha 1 Autumn Release (11/2012)
    The current (2012/11) Autumn Release has this plugin and the MPExtended provider for 0.43 already included.

If you have updated to the new released MPExtended 0.5 then you will need to install the attached updated for the SlimTvMPExtendedProvider!

Unzip contents to MP2-Client\Plugins.

Attachments

• MP2.2_SlimTv.MPExtendedProvider.zip
      55.8 KB
    Last edited by a moderator:

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey, I just gave your Plugin a shot, unfortunately it is not possible to configure it. It does not show up under plugins. However the plugin itself shows up in the client.

Logs will follow shortly....

Cheers

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just extended the wiki;
    Installation:

Unzip the contents to folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins", that's all.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I tried this last night and had it working pretty well - however channel change took a long time, 6 or 7 seconds and much longer than in MP1 - I assume this can be refined as the plugin and MP2 evolve but so far things look promising overall... Just need a good catalogue plugin now for movies and tv series and this is looking good :0)

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi,
    i can not use slimtv, i have an error message and i don't know what to do.
    Can you help me ?

Thank's and The first impression, is that MP2 will be a great success !!!

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I tried to install Tv4Home service, but it finished with this error :
    Windows Installer a installé le produit. Nom du produit : TV4Home Server - CoreService. Version du produit : 0.2.4214.20965. Langue du produit : 1033. Fabricant : tv4home.codeplex.com. Réussite de l’installation ou état d’erreur : 1603.

Can i find a log of the installation ?

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    It's working,

the problem was that i have my Firewall service disabled. When i active it, Tva4Home service can install !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom