Testbuilds for SlimTV using TVServer+MPExtended - Updated for 2.2 (2018-10-09)! (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi
    Back to topic. I now tried MP2 with SlimTV on my Laptop running Win7 x32. Get the same error as with working PC..

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Germany Germany
    sorry, it is a little bit out of topic but i have to apologize me. Live TV in MP1 has not a high CPU Load. It was the plugin IFC (Intelligent Frame Correcton) which causes this high CPU Load. Deinstalling it and switching to Video Mode Switcher solved the problem.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all
    I have got a server/ client going on the main server box.. Slim TV works fine. I am now trying to set up a client which is fine as far as MP2 goes. How do I point slimtv at the tv4home on the server computer? I have followed the instructions on the server side and all worked well with what ever the core service defaults are I presume on the client I am looking for something other that "local host"?
    thanks in advance
    regards Neville

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the instant reply! I did see that - is that the MP name of the server that I would use under MP1 client?
    Neville

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    You put in the name of the computer where the TvServer/Tv4Home is install.

In principle you can also put in multiple names, separated by ';'. This way you can watch TV from different TvServers :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    sorry, it is a little bit out of topic but i have to apologize me. Live TV in MP1 has not a high CPU Load. It was the plugin IFC (Intelligent Frame Correcton) which causes this high CPU Load. Deinstalling it and switching to Video Mode Switcher solved the problem.
    It would be good to have a separate topic on the CPU usage in media playback for MP2 (compared to MP1 / MPC-HC / DVBViewer etc.) to allow future improvements in MP2 side.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You put in the name of the computer where the TvServer/Tv4Home is install.

In principle you can also put in multiple names, separated by ';'. This way you can watch TV from different TvServers :D
    thanks will give it a go!
    So far installation and setup has been a breeze
    :)

lwenco

Portal Member
    March 2, 2010
    hi,
    thanks for the plugin! I just want to ask if it is normal that it takes about 1 minute to load "All Channels" list? Or could it be that I did something wrong?

Installation: TV Server 1.2.2, MPExtended 0.4.2, v2 SlimTVClient, v2 MPExtended Provider (same problem with tv4home provider)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    morpheus_xx Interest in a DVBLink / TV Mosaic SlimTV provider? MediaPortal 2 18
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 6
    toricred [solved] Configuring TV Server to use NAS General 5
    vvulture Using Windows 10 MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
    Megane Too much RAM used (over 2 GB). General Support 18
    doskabouter 1.23.0 MatroskaTagInfo uses the wrong casing for tags Bugreports 27
    D how to disengage from one version of a plugin to use another Newcomers Forum 0
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6
    M Can i use my Vu+ Zero 4k Tuner for Mediaportal? General 0
    benicehavefun Using MePo TV Server 1.23 via MPExtended/WebMediaPortal as a Backend for Plex MPExtended 4
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    1gkar Use Alternative Sites to Scrape Series Info My TVSeries 5
    T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
    S [solved] Live TV subtitle issue if not using 100% font General 31
    N [Proposal] Make text input using remote control easier MediaPortal 2 4
    T Issues with MediaPortal not starting correctly using versions after 1.20 Final General Support 6
    erika jandova Using SD and MediaPortal 1 Newcomers Forum 4
    D Large xml database in My Movies Management. I remain unclear on use My Films as bridge to MP2.2 General 9
    N [solved] When MP2-Client is trying to register credentials, it uses the wrong machine name MediaPortal 2 7
    high [Help Me!] Atlassian Fisheye/Crucible still used? Team Lounge 8
    D [solved] HID remote for mp2 and w10 64 bit? using all tools: sony, cisco, homeworkx ng General 2
    Symphy Still being used? ASIO music player 0
    P no signal when scanning for channels using antenna and dual hd General Support 2