MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: My Streamradio V2

Is there any possibility to influence the amount of buffering?

When I select a new station, it takes about 3 seconds until it starts playing. However, I think that not more than 1 second is buffered because some stations have occasionally short drop outs. So the question is if it is possible to increase the buffer for these stations or in general? Maybe this should be an option in the setting menu of this plugin.

Thanks.

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: My Streamradio V2

Hi MPUserFromGER,

the buffer settings can be set in the MP configuration as long you use the bass engine
    under MUSIC / Player Settings ( see buffering, standard is 5s )

-> not sure how to set the buffer using the "internal dshow player". Also I believe the recording is not working if you use the internal player.

Right now I do have some vacations. So I wil spend some time with my family. So the update is on the way but will be delayed a week or so.

So far
    kroko

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Plugin] Streamradio V2

Hi mironto,

the new version is online now. (0.6.5)
    I tried the part with the space. it works on my side. See my attached files.

You need to be sure - is not always -.....
    Best is copy the past out from the html to make sure it is the correct char.

Cheers
    kroko

Attachments

• test.xml
      976 bytes
    • test2.xml
      998 bytes

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There seems to be a small song title problem (has been there for a long time) that I hope is an easy fix for the next release. Often, there is a leading space at the beginning of the song title. And sometimes, there is a trailing character, such as a semi-colon.

Thanks for your hard work. I love this plugin.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kroko,
    is it possible to publish a modified plugin version, which was compiled against the latest bass.net.dll (v2.4.6.8) from MediaPortal SVN? In this case I'm very happy, because a modified version allows me to use these wonderful plugin with my current installation.

Thx and cheers, Micropolis

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

seems that I can replace the shoutcast plugin with this very fine one!

Only thing I'm missing is a filter for bitrate. I would prefer to filter all stations less than 128kbit/s. A "static" option in configuration would be fine, a "prefered filter bitrate" in configuration and changeable in MediaPortal would be perfect!

Greetings

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Plugin] Streamradio V2

Hi Der_Bub,

a good idea. Just added the static filter to the config. But be aware some staions do not send the correct kps information.
    Anyhow you can now select a filter from 64 to 320 kps. The file is already online now. It should be on the website too shortly.

Cheers
    kroko

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: [Plugin] Streamradio V2

a good idea. Just added the static filter to the config. But be aware some staions do not send the correct kps information.
    Anyhow you can now select a filter from 64 to 320 kps.

GREAT & very FAST! :D

Two further things (I used with shoutcast):

- order by Listeners
    - search (for/within station Name)

;)

mironto

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Re: AW: [Plugin] Streamradio V2

Hi mironto,

the new version is online now. (0.6.5)
    I tried the part with the space. it works on my side. See my attached files.

You need to be sure - is not always -.....
    Best is copy the past out from the html to make sure it is the correct char.

Cheers
    kroko

Thanks, that worked! Now, the plugin is almost perfect. One little problem, though. Once I click a station and before the stream begins to play,, the MP GUI is unresponsive. That's ok for most of the stations, but I have one which takes over 5 seconds to start which is annoying if I cannot move to e.g. home screen while I wait for the stream to start.

And if you could fix the last bit - the possibility to not import all the stations during installation. But that's just one small annoyance, I can always delete the stations I don't want manually.

Thank you.

westd001

October 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great plugin !!:D

I made some XML's for Dutch Radio stations including a few logo's. It's not complete yet, just a start. I didn't fill in the parser info yet. Some streamurl's already provide artist and title info.
    Mabye this is helpfull for some Dutch MP users.

Best regards,
    westd001

Attachments

• Dutch radio stations.RAR
      221.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom