Plugin support in Version 7+ (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi all

One of the big "behind the scenes" changes I made between BleazleWide V6 & V7 was the reduction in the number of fonts used. This has resulted in a far smaller fonts cache but also means that if you use an xml file from Blue3Wide to run a plugin if a font is called that isn't used in BleazleWide you'll end up with the default MP font which is a bit small :rolleyes: Apart from that the fact that the skin is based on B3W means that any plugins supported in B3W are also supported by BleazleWide.

I'm not going to try and support every plugin out there "officially" (with sliding graphics and font changes etc) so here's what you can do if you have a plugin that you want to use that requires a bit of tweaking:

1. Copy any XML & graphics files required by the plugin from the Blue3Wide directory to the appropriate BleazleWide directories

2. Run MP and check the plugin out - if you're happy with how it looks you're done :)

3. If some of the fonts look too small open the appropriate xml file(s) and look for the <font> tags

Here's a list of the fonts used in BleazleWide and a note of where I generally use which font followed by the name of the fonts in Blue3Wide which they replace:

font101 - height = 13 (Button labels etc, this is the main font used in the skin) - Replaces fonts 10, & 11

font14 - height =20 (Taglines/bigger text - headings etc. Also the size of typed search text for virtual keyboard) - Replaces fonts 15 & 16

font18 - height = 15 (Programme descriptions(plots). Also the size of text on virtual keyboard)-Replaces fonts 12, & 13

font103 - height = 30 (only used for the "now playing" preview window to show the time elapsed) - Replaces fonts BasicHome, 32, 48 & 60

The numbering is all over the place which is a result of a couple of things that were picked up during testing but it doesn't make any difference, you just have to make sure you replace fonts as indicated.

Once you've got it looking good feel free to add a post to this thread with the altered XML(s) file so that other BleazleWide skin users can use it too - it's a community thing after all so here's a chance to do your bit! :)

Bleazle.

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, fine overview what is what in fonts.

As a complete idiot :rolleyes: in programming (even xml) i want to revive FileExplorer fitted on Bleazle V7.
    One Question: There is no xml-editor existing for previewing changed xmls, am i right??

Cheers, Stefan

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, fine overview what is what in fonts.

As a complete idiot :rolleyes: in programming (even xml) i want to revive FileExplorer fitted on Bleazle V7.
    One Question: There is no xml-editor existing for previewing changed xmls, am i right??

Cheers, Stefan

.... Yes there is, it's called MediaPortal! :p :D Just make the changes and then have a look at the results in MP :)

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, such a idiot i am not :p This idea i had before, its logic :D
    Thought perhaps there is a editor therefore i can use it on my office-PC for fiddeling xml. Now i have installed MP on Office-PC too (nice to watch TV on OfficePC via Stream). Now i can fiddle and test and look results direct on Office-PC, not on HTPC, thats far away from Office-PC. Remote-Software i use, but its not so good for fiddeling because of delay.

Cheers :D

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK, such a idiot i am not :p

:D No I didn't think you were but I couldn't resist :D

..Thought perhaps there is a editor therefore i can use it on my office-PC for fiddeling xml...

It would be good if there was something like this but after a while you get to know how it's going to look when you make a change anyway (unless you get it wrong! :( )

..Now i have installed MP on Office-PC too (nice to watch TV on OfficePV via Stream). Now i can fiddle and test and look results direct on Office-PC...

That's how I do my testing too (except I don't have time to watch TV :( )

Damn I'm busy at work - I'm making up for all the time I spent working on the skin - it's past midnight and I'm still working (started at 6am). All my own fault though for spending too much time "skinning" when I should've been working :rolleyes:

Bleazle

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey, you are kidding an old man :D:D:D

I know this effect - one should "work for work" but one works for hobby ... too long time. I know this very well cause it happens often to me too :)

Weekend i try to get ready file explorer fitting to Bleazle skin, this would be my first thing with xml, if i get it managed. I am a lousy programmer, i am missing patience. Last year i throw Logitech Harmony 555 to wall full power cause its idiot, unlogic (UNLOGITECH :) kind of programming :D

Cheers / Stefan

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello,

I've just tried your skin and he's great!

I'm not sure that I'm at the right place to ask my question...

With the hexagon plugin, I haven't no text (and no image) on some buttons (with beazle skin), but when I push some buttons the text appears.

Please look at the differences between the to files below.

Is it due to bad fonts or something like this? Is there a way to configure this into your skin's xml files?
    Or is it just because this plugin have to be update to be used with beazle skin?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• exemplebeazle.png
      exemplebeazle.png
      44.1 KB
    • exemplebluewide.png
      exemplebluewide.png
      245.7 KB

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello,

Yes I'm using the last version of Hexagon because I'm using MP only since June 2009.
    I'm using MP in french language, but I've also made a test in english and is the same behaviour.

... I will make a test on my other client

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    I did some images / xml files for a few of the unsupported plugins to date.
    These skin files are in a single folder for each plugin and you must realize where these files belong to use them.

I use a skin I call Bleazle Blues, all that is green in the master "Bleazles" skin is blue in my personal edit of his skin and few hours of fine tuning and image editing.

These plugin skins have only been tested at 1360 x 768 and in list view.

I did htpcinfo, musicvideos, myonlinevideos.

Steve

Edit : I didn't realize that Dave had made the image for music videos. I replace the images in the myonlinevideos.rar file with his. It is much nicer!

Attachments

• htpcinfo.rar
      30.6 KB
    • myonlinevideos.rar
      30.6 KB
    • musicvideos.rar
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom