Plugin : UPNP Browser (client) (1 Viewer)

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
UPNP Browser

This is a UPNP controlpoint. It is posible to browse mediaserver and play the files locally or send it to the first media renderer if available.

More option will be added in the future.

Download here:

UPNP Browser V0.2

Regards

kroko

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wow, BIG Thanks, man!!!

I was waiting for ages to have UPNP support in MP (unfortunately I am not a developer myself :( ).

Is it also possible/planned to use MP as Media renderer with you plugins, e.g. browse your music on an iphone and chose MP as Player (renderer)?

cheers, really great!

joystick

tesco

Portal Member
    March 27, 2009
    Will this work like the "play to" function in Windows 7?

Say you have a uPNP radio in the kitchen then you can open MediaPortal in the living room select an album and "Play on radio in kitchen"?

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi tesco,

yes that is the main idea of having UPNP in three parts

1. MediaServer
    2. Controlpoint
    3. Render device

Of course all different combinations are possible.

Let say your internet radio is controlpoint and render device -> you choose a tittle on the server to be played on you loacal radio

Lets say you have a render device somewhere in the kitchen -> On your MP you choose an album to be played in the kitchen.

I'm working on the software client to make it more flexible. Right now it will only use the first available renderer. If there is no renderer is will be play local inside the MP using the http protocol. Also some checks are still missing for example if the renderer has been switched off in the meantime.

In the future release it should be possible to choose a render if more then one is available.
    So stay tuned for the next release.

Regards
    kroko

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    .... would be great if MP itself could also act as a renderer. Do you think this is possible?

cheers

and thanks again for your contribution....!

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

.... would be great if MP itself could also act as a renderer. Do you think this is possible?

of course... If there is no renderer in the network it will try to play the file inside the MP. The files are send via http protocol. I use the videolan plugin to play the streams. You need to configure the http protocol in the vlc plugin. It works ;-)

Regards
    kroko

btw I'm working right now on a standalone VLC UPNP renderer, just in case...

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am not quite sure that I understood it that the right way :) :
    what I mean is: you choose a file on a upnp client "x", and tell it to play on the MP upnp client.
    I my case e.g. I have an iphone with an upnp client, where I choose MP as renderer and files therefore get played in MP...
    did you mean the same?

cheers

joystick

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi joystick,

ahh now I understand. No, right now I can only select a file from a media server and play it on a external renderer or in the upnp client.

As I wrote before I'm working on a UPNP renderer. It almost finished. Some events on the meta data are missing and a lot of testing. I would need to make a UPNP Renderer for the MP to have your requested function. But it will be easy to make a renderer for the MP rigth now, because its already working with VLC as a standalone. I will see what I can do.

Regards
    kroko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom