Plugin : UPNP Server (1 Viewer)

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
This will be the support thread for the UPNP Server.

Download the actual file here:

UPNP Server V0.2

Right now following file tyes are supported:
jpg ,pcm ,m3u, mpg ,mp3, 3gp ,mp4 ,aac, wmv, wma, asf, avi, png, wav, asx, tif, gif, bmp, txt

The server has a fixed UID, so right now put the server only on one PC in the network.
The name of the Server is "Mediaportal Server" in the UPNP network

On the server the Intel code generator has been used. It will not be devolped any further by Intel but still is a good solution for now.
On my wish list for the server would be

-multiple shares
-support for UTF8

Use the MPI installer to install the server. Configure the share directory to your shared files. You might put some folder there like "Video,Music,Picture".
On the options best would be to start/stop the server anytime the MP start or exit.

Hope you enjoy this release.
The UPNP control point (called UPNP Browser will be in a different thread.

Regards
kroko

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Thanks, seems to work with mp3s just fine!

will test it further...

1 thing:

Why is it for mediaportal and not for Mediaportal Tvserver? (or for both....)

Thanks for this great work!

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi cubii,

the server is quite straight forward. You could even start the server from the command line like

UPnPServer.exe c:\share

The server works complete independly from the MP. The process plugin makes it just easy to start the server on the MP startup. And on top the setup for the user is quite easy.

Regards
kroko

post4unme

Portal Member
April 29, 2008
flac

Hi,

Would it be possible to support flac files (or transcoding)?
Could this be a solution for multiroom; so I can listen music with mediaportal and stream it the same time to other upnp clients?

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi post4unme,

I will incude this in the next version. Right now I'm try to get the renderer working in 1.0.1 ! Then you can stream it to where you want, when ever you want.

;-)

Regards
kroko

post4unme

Portal Member
April 29, 2008
Hi post4unme,

I will incude this in the next version. Right now I'm try to get the renderer working in 1.0.1 ! Then you can stream it to where you want, when ever you want.

;-)

Regards
kroko

That's great. I will try it when it's ready.:D

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

so here some informations about the status. Looking at all different sources it is not easy to say which way I go.
Still I like the Intel SDK and now I discovered the way like Casey to use the Reflector to change the Intel stack.

Just reviewing..

First there was

bionicdonkey - OpenLounge uPnP MediaServer
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/openlounge-upnp-mediaserver-1745/

doing a server, then contiuned by

Kaoh , mpTino - mpTinoMediaServer beta
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/mptinomediaserver-beta-23989/

doing a good implemention into the MP.
Because I was a bit blind I was starting my own UPNP server.

UPNP Server
C++ Intel code gererator (will not developed any further)

Well and now I discovered this code

Casey - whsUpnp360
/whsUpnp360 : UPnP MediaServer for Windows Home Server and Xbox 360

The code is straight forward so I'm already implemented for testing Internet Radio, Internet TV, Podcast, RSS feeds AND
TvServer!!! connection. Right now I can only say the radio webstreams work for me, I don't have a TvCard anymore.

From the view of using it as a universal Media Server the core is in a dll so making both a plugin or a TVserver plugin is possible.
Anyway for the part of the tvserver I migth need somebody to do some test for me. So if somebody want to help me, let me know.

For now I'm still looking into the code comparing how things are solved in each project. But still I need more time.
My UPNP renderer is working so far. I'm using the external vlc plugin to render the streams. Maybe I could do a release of that first.

Regards
kroko

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
I would be very much interested in the TVServer plugin. I can do some testing for you as well. Just let me know.

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i'd like to sign is aswell... I could extensively test server and renderer

cheers

joystick

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Hi there,

The code is straight forward so I'm already implemented for testing Internet Radio, Internet TV, Podcast, RSS feeds AND
    TvServer!!! connection. Right now I can only say the radio webstreams work for me, I don't have a TvCard anymore.

From the view of using it as a universal Media Server the core is in a dll so making both a plugin or a TVserver plugin is possible.
    Anyway for the part of the tvserver I migth need somebody to do some test for me. So if somebody want to help me, let me know.

Regards
    kroko

that would be so good!

if you need another testperson, pm me!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom