[Plugin] X10 Home Automation (1 Viewer)

kcosta

Portal Member
May 21, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hey WileE,

It worked and now my lights are responding to mediaportal events!!!

Some points:

I think that you missed the xml file to make the client part visible from mediaportal interface;
I had to put the dlls provided by you on /plugins/windows folder to have the things working;
My lights are turning on when I stop movie playback from Mediaportal. This is good at night, but it should happen only at night. So, is there a way to specify time intervals for each event?

I will continue the tests.

Thanks!:D

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Update...

For those who have successfully installed the Server part, I have attached the client to the first post for testing. Note, when you configure the client, the only thing required is the IP and port number on the server tab. All the settings on the Client tab are optional (i.e. if you want to dim the lights when a movie starts or stops, etc....)

Let me know of any issues...

Thanks,
Wile E.

Hi WileE!

One question: in order to install the server part of the plugin, do I have to install de Mediaportal client part or is it enough to install the TVServer part? I ask it because in my server I only installed the TVServer part, I don't need a full instalation of Mediaportal.

:D for your work and looking forward to start with the tests.

Best regards.

Aitor

HanniBall

Portal Member
June 29, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi WileE!

I've read a lot of the postings over here and tried your plug-in.
I've got a big X-10 installation troughout my house and garden. Your plug-in would be great...
I'd like to help you test it. I've got a CM-11...

The download in this thread doesn't work for me, gives me problems while starting the service...

Can your provide me with a complete pakage incl. the xml.

The skin i'm using is "Black Glass Nova", beautifull one...

Thanx and keep up the good work..

Best Regards

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi WileE!

I've got a big X-10 installation troughout my house and garden. Your plug-in would be great...

The download in this thread doesn't work for me, gives me problems while starting the service...

Best Regards

Same to me. :(

I use non English Windows 7 32bit. In Spanish.
    x10nets service is Active
    X10 Home Automation Server is Stoped and can't be activated.

If I hit the "start service" button in X10 Config. It says "The Service did NOT install or Start properly"
    In te
    Any idea?
    In test on button MP config crashes with follow message (Failed to locate assembly 'Interop.activeHomescriptLib, version=1.0.0.0, culture=neutral, PublickeyToken=null'. Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the Mediaportal Folder, the exemtion will now end.

I configured rooms and devices properly. Ports and IP also OK
    In client part everything fine. Inside mediaportal something is missing as I cant access (missing file error) (no .XML for blue3wide?) I'm using MP stable 1.02.

Thanks
    A

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In test on button MP config crashes with follow message (Failed to locate assembly 'Interop.activeHomescriptLib, version=1.0.0.0, culture=neutral, PublickeyToken=null'. Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the Mediaportal Folder, the exemtion will now end.

Hmmm... If you look in the Program Files/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Plugins/X10 Server folder, do you see a file Interop.activeHomescriptLib.dll?

Hi WileE!

Best Regards

Hey HanniBall,
    I presume you have installed the AH Pro software? If so, does it control everything okay?

Hi WileE!

One question: in order to install the server part of the plugin, do I have to install de Mediaportal client part or is it enough to install the TVServer part? I ask it because in my server I only installed the TVServer part, I don't need a full instalation of Mediaportal.

Best regards.

Aitor

Hey Aitor,
    Yes, unfortunately the MP client needs to be installed, as that is where the Process plugin shows up. :sorry:

Some points:

1. I think that you missed the xml file to make the client part visible from mediaportal interface;
    2. I had to put the dlls provided by you on /plugins/windows folder to have the things working;
    3. My lights are turning on when I stop movie playback from Mediaportal. This is good at night, but it should happen only at night. So, is there a way to specify time intervals for each event?

Hey kcosta,
    Thanks for the feedback, Im glad you got it working. On your points above...

1. This would depend on which skin you are using. I only have XML files for Blue3wide & Maya at the moment (sorry.)
    2. Yes, the files need to go in the MediaPortal/Plugins/Windows folder.
    3. I could put time limits on events (i.e. 'Hours of Operation' or something similar?)

Thanks again for the feedback...

Wile E.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Hmmm... If you look in the Program Files/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Plugins/X10 Server folder, do you see a file Interop.activeHomescriptLib.dll?

Yes I have this file with date 06/08/2009...
    AHP controls the hole house properly CM15Pro Ok also.

Hi WileE!

Best Regards

Hey HanniBall,
    I presume you have installed the AH Pro software? If so, does it control everything okay?

Hi WileE!

Best regards.

Aitor

Hey Aitor,
    Yes, unfortunately the MP client needs to be installed, as that is where the Process plugin shows up. :sorry:

Some points:

1. I think that you missed the xml file to make the client part visible from mediaportal interface;
    2. I had to put the dlls provided by you on /plugins/windows folder to have the things working;
    3. My lights are turning on when I stop movie playback from Mediaportal. This is good at night, but it should happen only at night. So, is there a way to specify time intervals for each event?

Hey kcosta,
    Thanks for the feedback, Im glad you got it working. On your points above...

1. This would depend on which skin you are using. I only have XML files for Blue3wide & Maya at the moment (sorry.)
    2. Yes, the files need to go in the MediaPortal/Plugins/Windows folder.
    3. I could put time limits on events (i.e. 'Hours of Operation' or something similar?)

Thanks again for the feedback...

Wile E.

Yes I have this file Interop.ActiveHome.... with date 06/08/2009... In Spanish Windows "Program Files" is "Archivos de Programa" and the file is inside this Archivos de programa folder.

HanniBall

Portal Member
    June 29, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok WileE...

I've installed "activehome_d_142_3" and this works OK.

If I install the server part, it installs ok, no faults. But when I start the service it says the same as alexdepalma
    "The Service did NOT install or Start properly"

In the client part, there is no .xml to control the lights from within MediaPortal...

And hopefully someone can make it work in the skin I'm using...but that's lateron...

Thanx for your response

Hanni

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yes I have this file Interop.ActiveHome.... with date 06/08/2009... In Spanish Windows "Program Files" is "Archivos de Programa" and the file is inside this Archivos de programa folder.

Okay, try to copy the Interop.ActiveHomeScriptLib.dll file from your X10Server folder to the MediaPortal/Plugins/Process folder and see if that elimates the error. (Note: You should also see X10ProcessPlugin.dll and 10_Remort.dll files in the same folder)

Ok WileE...

I've installed "activehome_d_142_3" and this works OK.

If I install the server part, it installs ok, no faults. But when I start the service it says the same as alexdepalma
    "The Service did NOT install or Start properly"

In the client part, there is no .xml to control the lights from within MediaPortal...

And hopefully someone can make it work in the skin I'm using...but that's lateron...

Thanx for your response

Hanni

Try the same file copy I mention above...

I also attached a new client zip file to the first post that contains an xml file... Sorry, for some reason I was thinking folks were talking about specific skin xml files, not that they were missing entirley. my bad...

Hello !!!

Do you know if plugin working on the CM11A controller with serial port COM2.???

THANX

As of now the only way it will work is through the API's in AHP. If you have AHP installed and configured please feel free to try it out and see if it will work....

walter2010

July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    Dear WileECoyote

I have install AHP 1.42 but I Don't comunicate plugin with AHP, I need port number.

THANX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom