[Plugin] X10 Home Automation (1 Viewer)

Tophicles

Portal Member
January 15, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks...

... I'm buying one now! I've always wanted to do this, and this plugin is the nudge I need!

I'm happy to help test/debug whatever I can do, just let me know!

Cheers...

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Just for information, and I dont want to influence anyone's decision on what X10 devices to purchase, but the plugin I have been working on is for the CM15A controller (I purchased from here -> ActiveHome Pro USB Transceiver and Software SW31A and CM15A - X10). The reason I went with the CM15A was simply because it supports all house codes (up to 256 devices.) Im not sure if the plugin will work with other serial controllers as I do not have one to test with...

Does this mean that your plugin won't be compatible with this (CM11 Programmable Computer Interface)? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Anyway, thank you for all your work and tell us the progess you get with the plugin ;)

Regards,

Aitor

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does this mean that your plugin won't be compatible with this (CM11 Programmable Computer Interface)? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Anyway, thank you for all your work and tell us the progess you get with the plugin ;)

Regards,

Aitor

Hmmm, that is a good question. Since it has a USB interface, it may well work. We will see soon enough :)

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Regards,

Aitor

Hmmm, that is a good question. Since it has a USB interface, it may well work. We will see soon enough :)

I don't know if it's useful or not, but here you have more information about Marmitek's products.

Thanks for your reply and keep up with the good work.

Regards,

Aitor

Sk3wby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2008
    Hi WileECoyote,

I look forward to your work on a more powerfull X10 plugin. I currently use this plugin by ronsonol MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - X10 CM15A for SVN

I've been using it for the last 12 months. Basic, but works very well. Although it doesn't seem to have been updated for ages, i've been using with my CM15 since RC4 on XP and still using now with 1.1 Alpha on 64bit Windows7 with no problems.

Just wondered if you'd seen it and if it could help.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Update...

Okay, I think I have the overall architecture set up for this new plugin. I made a HORRIBLE assumption in the beginning, I was thinking that I would integrate the server functions with the TV Server. But then I quickly realized that I was not going to connect the CM15A module on my server :( Soooo.... I went back to the drawing board. The new architecture model uses Windows TCP Remoting, so it will be easy to send commands across the network. Also, I am utilizing the ActiveHome SDK, so any controller compatible with the SDK will work (I believe the documenation says the Firecracker & CM15A are definentely supported, not sure about any others.)

The new plugin will have two install packages. The first will be the server install. This will run on the machine that the X10 controller is plugged into. It will be used to configure all your X10 devices (Lights, recepticles, etc...)

The second package will be the client install for MP. There are two parts to the client side. The first is the configuration to eventually include events (Drop screen when MP opens, Turn down lights when movie starts, etc...) The second part of the client will obviously be the GUI where you can control all your devices.

Soooo... Now what I need from the community is this...

1. Define the events you want to see on the client side (When MP Opens & Closes, when movie starts, etc...)
    2. Outline the devices you will be using (Light switches, recepticles, light modules, thermostat, etc...)
    3. Which skins are you using? (The first version will probably be compatible with StreamedMP, Blue2 & Blue2wide.)

Wile E.

Hi WileECoyote,

I look forward to your work on a more powerfull X10 plugin. I currently use this plugin by ronsonol MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - X10 CM15A for SVN

I've been using it for the last 12 months. Basic, but works very well. Although it doesn't seem to have been updated for ages, i've been using with my CM15 since RC4 on XP and still using now with 1.1 Alpha on 64bit Windows7 with no problems.

Just wondered if you'd seen it and if it could help.

Hey Sk3wby,
    Yes, I did see that plugin, thank you. I have looked a few different plugins from different forums, but have not really found anything that fit into my vision of the new plugin architecture. The SDK provided for the ActiveHome software does almost everything I want it to do, so starting from scratch may not be a bad thing :)

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Hey bodiroga,
    From the research I have been doing, the ActiveHome software works with the CM11 correct? If so, and since I am using the ActiveHome SDK, should probably work with your CM11. If you are interested send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a trial when I have it to a good point...

Thanks,
    Wile E.

opeters

Portal Member
    July 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, I am definitely going to watch this plug-in progress.

I own a CM11 and several appliance controlled to control my LED lights and Plaque lighting.

The approach to use a server/client model is a good thing. What I am looking for is to control the lights when starting a movie, pausing and stopping.
    Also add the possibility to set a delay when starting a movie, so the lights will go off in 30 sec or so after you start a movie.
    Maybe it is an good idea to enable the lights automatically at the end of the movie 99% playtime when the movie credentials are running.

Tophicles

Portal Member
    January 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Update...

Soooo... Now what I need from the community is this...

1. Define the events you want to see on the client side (When MP Opens & Closes, when movie starts, etc...)
    2. Outline the devices you will be using (Light switches, recepticles, light modules, thermostat, etc...)
    3. Which skins are you using? (The first version will probably be compatible with StreamedMP, Blue2 & Blue2wide.)

Wile E.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Here's my two cents...

1) I'd like to see things happen when Media portal plays a movie, I don't necessarily care what happens when it starts up. When a movie plays, I'd like it to wait 10-15 seconds then turn off the main room light and slowly fade down my theater lights (on two seperate switches). When the movie is paused, I'd like the theatre lights to be brought up to full and then fade down again after the movie resumes. When the movie approaches the end (99% watched)fade up the theatre lights and then the main light as well. Again, these would be on two seperate switches.

2) Initially I'll only be using the two switches.

3) I use Black & White 1080p and would love for that skin to have support. :)

Hope this helps, anything else you need from me, please ask away! Glad to see you're so enthused and willing to solicit our meager opinions :)

Cheers,

Kristopher

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

I personally want only an event that turns the lights off when a movie starts and another one that turns the lights on with fewer brigthness when a movie is paused. Anyway, wait to hear other pleople events.

Light modules and device modules which I use to control my heating (switch then on at night to have the house temperature warn during the day at winter)

XFactor, please, is the best skin I've never used.

Hey bodiroga,
    From the research I have been doing, the ActiveHome software works with the CM11 correct? If so, and since I am using the ActiveHome SDK, should probably work with your CM11. If you are interested send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a trial when I have it to a good point...

Yes, you are correct, the CM11 uses the ActiveHome software and I connect it to the PC through the USB port, but I'm not sure that this is enough to be compatible with your plugin :(:(:(:(:( I will cross my fingers for so (does this expression exist in english? :D) We will see the result when the plugin is finished (I will send you a PM with my e-mail)

Thanks WileECoyote for your work and for effort, we really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Aitor

PD: Sorry for my poor level of english, I really do my best. :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom