WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Update....

Development is coming along great. The server project is almost complete. There are two pieces to the Server, a Windows Service and a configuration application. Both can be installed on x86 or 64bit machines. The Windows Service will monitor requests and send out commands to the X10 command unit. The configuration application will allow you to add rooms, add devices and add schedules.

I have a rudemenatary version of the client to test the server functions, which is my next focus. I expect to have a beta version of this into everyone's hands by weekend or early next week.

I never knew home automation could be this fun, or else I would have done this years ago :)
    Wile E.

BTW,
    Thanks for the feedback guys! It really helps me determine the direction this plugin.

Thanks!

Tophicles

Portal Member
    January 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Update....

Development is coming along great. The server project is almost complete. There are two pieces to the Server, a Windows Service and a configuration application. Both can be installed on x86 or 64bit machines. The Windows Service will monitor requests and send out commands to the X10 command unit. The configuration application will allow you to add rooms, add devices and add schedules.

I have a rudemenatary version of the client to test the server functions, which is my next focus. I expect to have a beta version of this into everyone's hands by weekend or early next week.

I never knew home automation could be this fun, or else I would have done this years ago :)
    Wile E.

BTW,
    Thanks for the feedback guys! It really helps me determine the direction this plugin.

Thanks!

My X10 gear should arrive today, so it's in good timing for the beta test! :)
    Thanks for the thanks on feedback, but you're the one who deserves the thanks (along with the whole MP Team) for even giving us this opportunity to test stuff out!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    My X10 gear should arrive today, so it's in good timing for the beta test! :)

Just as FYI , as soon as you get your gear be sure to install the ActiveHome or ActiveHome Pro software. Set up all your devices in AH (Room & Device names do not matter.) The reason you have to set it up first in AH is so it can return status information to the MP plugin (I found this out the hard way.) I spent over two days trying to figure out why it wouldnt return the status of lights or recepticles, only to find out that I needed to install the AH software. As soon as I installed it (and updated one of the script files) everything worked good.

Kris404

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Home Country
    Wow, just in time for my order that got shipped:

Qty Description / Part

5 3-pin Appliance Module AM466
    1 IR Mini Controller IR543
    4 Lamp Module LM465
    3 Slimline Switch Decorator White SS13A
    1 Small Wireless Transceiver TM751

Need to order 'USB ActiveHome Interface (CM15A)' then I should be set.

Wil E, looking forward to test this. Thanks for your hard work :)

Kris

Tophicles

Portal Member
    January 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Of COURSE!!!! :(

My order arrived last night, but I was short-shipped the wall switches :)

So I did install the base unit, but I uh, have no devices to control yet... I may be out for the initial beta test :(:(:(

Rarin' to go when they DO arrive though!

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Good news WileECoyote!

You are really working hard on this proyect, that's fantastic! Take your time for the release of the first beta version, although we will be waiting impatiently for it ;)

Thanks for all your work, you are doing a great job.

Regards,

Aitor

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

Okay, I have made significant progress this weekend. I have attached a few pics for review. The first version will have three main views. View by Room, View All Devices and View by Type. There will also be two other options, turn on all lights and turn off all lights.

Some of you will be happy to know that I have worked on the macro's this weekend, and have successfully tied to MP events to dim (or turn off) lights when a movie starts, turn the lights up (or on) when the movie is paused or stopped. I was also able to create a seperate thread that will monitor the current duration and will turn up (or on) the lights when the movie is at 99% complete. Are there any other events requested that I missed?

I would also like some feedback on the client GUI screen. Right now it has the basic elements, but I would be interested in knowing the things folks are looking for. Currently you can turn on/off and dim/brighten lights & turn on/off recepticles.

I wil be buttoning up the code over the next few days, so it looks like mid week will be the first release...

Thanks again for all the input!
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    My order arrived last night, but I was short-shipped the wall switches :)

So I did install the base unit, but I uh, have no devices to control yet... I may be out for the initial beta test :(:(:(

Rarin' to go when they DO arrive though!

No way! :eek: I sure would be on the phone with someone :mad:

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

Well guys, I have had a rough week thus far. My server crashed on Monday so I have spent every evening getting it back to a working state.

About a month ago I thought about redoing my server, so I purchased a 60GB solid state drive. It lasted a little over a month. Just long enough that I cant take it back to Tiger Direct for a replacement. It should be okay though, the Mfg warrantee is 1 year I believe...

With that said, I have had little time to spend on this or the My Netflix plugin. I hope to resume development tonight...

Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update....

Well, I am officially dissapointed. I have worked for the past two weeks trying to get something to work that is not possible with X10.

Since I am new to X10, I have been learning what is possible and what is not. My issue is, if you manually turn on a light, the CM15a does not get the new status from the device, unless it is a 2-way device. Unfortuantly, NONE of my devices are 2-way. I have read many, many forums where people say that it can be done, but I have yet to find a way to do it. Maybe this is not critical to others, but I feel it is very important that plugin show the correct status of every device, weather or not it is turned on through the controller or manually.

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom