PluginConfigLoader.exe (Fixed Crash On 64-bit Windows) (1 Viewer)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With some plugins changed settings are not saved. E. g. Trakt is working, Global Music Search not.

When I start the tool e. g. for Trakt the configuration dialog is shown without any problem and all configured settings are shown. But if I change settings they are not saved to the MediaPortal.xml file. The file isn't changed at all. However the plugin's log messages are written to the MediaPortal.log file. And there's no error message.
    All other functions of the configuration dialog window are working fine.
    If I do the same via the default MediaPortal's Configuration.exe tool the settings are saved without any problem.

Does anyone know the reason for this strange behaviour?
    Any support is highly appreciated.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've been found it out by myself. The plugin developer needs to add the following line to its setting save method:
    MediaPortal.Profile.Settings.SaveCache();

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've been found it out by myself. The plugin developer needs to add the following line to its setting save method:
    MediaPortal.Profile.Settings.SaveCache();

Yeah, I've run into a few plugins that I can not enter direct due to this. Hopefully more plugin developers will implement the fix you found, but thankfully I do not have a need to enter those plugins often (main ones are MP-TVSeries and MovingPictures for me)

Working nicely RoChess. Thanks man!

You're welcome :)

Franknstein

July 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem... Since 1.6 MP-TVSeries-Configuration.exe doesn't work, but the start with MediaPortal-Configuration works fine.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the post, you have linked, only the loader for Moving Pictures is available. It is not possible to launch other plugins than Moving Pictures. :cry:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I will update the generic plugin loader for MP 1.6 soon, will try do this tonight to save you waiting for a new MP-TVSeries package in which where it's originally deployed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom