Plugins for fanart, latest media, infos etc.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MrCrabs, March 7, 2012.

1. MrCrabs

MrCrabs Portal Pro

Ingenieur Maschinenbau / mechanical engineer
    Ratings:
    +129 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hello dear community!

As I was discussing a new skin idea for MP2 I came to think about fanart, latest media and infos.
    In MP1 we had those plugins for this kind of data, but now as MP2 starts to become a usable software I would like to start a discussion about the successors of those plugins.

Maybe MP2 is so different in some ways that it would not make sense to just port those plugins to MP2. Maybe it would be smart to start different because of things learned while creating those plugins - like the seperation in fanarthandler and latest media handler.
    I especially hope to hear the plugin developers and the MP2 developers ideas about this.
    What do you all think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MrCrabs

MrCrabs Portal Pro

Ingenieur Maschinenbau / mechanical engineer
    Ratings:
    +129 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hmm, nobody interested in discussing new ways for MP2? Are there no plans to for such plugins? Or should each skin come with it's own plugins for those issues?

4. morpheus_xx
    • Team MediaPortal

morpheus_xx Lead Dev MP2

Ratings:
    +6,742 / 11
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I think this topic has different aspects and we are already discussing some points:

First we are planning the extension of metadata definitions: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/discussion-of-metadata-tags.105951/
    In principle we can also add a "Fanart" metadata type that can hold a collection of images inside the MediaLibrary.

The feature "Latest Media Handler" can be easily done by query the MediaLibrary for the latest imported items (when we have a regular import scheduler).

5. tourettes
    • Team MediaPortal

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    A good way would to provide an importer plugin for per movie, music etc. fan art type (or even a scraping place) and then let that populate metadata into the ML items.

Pretty much what morpheus already said, just want to emphasis that the fan art scraping should be done by a separate plugin(s).

6. beargrilled

beargrilled Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    I haven't seen much on MP-TV Series or Moving Pictures. Is development for those plugins underway for MP2, and is there a roadmap estimate for MP2 Beta? I know the alpha is available but I think that would be too glitchy for daily use.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!