Plugins for fanart, latest media, infos etc. (1 Viewer)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello dear community!

As I was discussing a new skin idea for MP2 I came to think about fanart, latest media and infos.
In MP1 we had those plugins for this kind of data, but now as MP2 starts to become a usable software I would like to start a discussion about the successors of those plugins.

Maybe MP2 is so different in some ways that it would not make sense to just port those plugins to MP2. Maybe it would be smart to start different because of things learned while creating those plugins - like the seperation in fanarthandler and latest media handler.
I especially hope to hear the plugin developers and the MP2 developers ideas about this.
What do you all think?

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmm, nobody interested in discussing new ways for MP2? Are there no plans to for such plugins? Or should each skin come with it's own plugins for those issues?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this topic has different aspects and we are already discussing some points:

First we are planning the extension of metadata definitions: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/discussion-of-metadata-tags.105951/
    In principle we can also add a "Fanart" metadata type that can hold a collection of images inside the MediaLibrary.

The feature "Latest Media Handler" can be easily done by query the MediaLibrary for the latest imported items (when we have a regular import scheduler).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    A good way would to provide an importer plugin for per movie, music etc. fan art type (or even a scraping place) and then let that populate metadata into the ML items.

Pretty much what morpheus already said, just want to emphasis that the fan art scraping should be done by a separate plugin(s).

beargrilled

Portal Member
    February 1, 2012
    Home Country
    I haven't seen much on MP-TV Series or Moving Pictures. Is development for those plugins underway for MP2, and is there a roadmap estimate for MP2 Beta? I know the alpha is available but I think that would be too glitchy for daily use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom