[confirm] PMT Issues - Can only tune channels from single frequency (1 Viewer)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I can confirm this bug. Was helping out a friend and he had this exact problem because he had to use the advanced tuning option.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PMT Issues - Can only tune channels from single frequency

@all who having issues with advanced scanning:

please post logfiles containing the whole channel scan! everything else is just guessing ...

after a manual scan (single frequency or transponder list) you will find a Manual_Scans....xml in your tuning details folder:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbc\Manual_Scans.2010-03-23.xml

Attach this file also....

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Here you go...

Used "Use Advanced Tuning Options" and "Search for Transponder List". I entered the transponder values 274 MHz,6.9 Msym/s, 128-QAM and tested timeshifting right after. Logs attached.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Quick note: I found one difference in Scanning and Tuning log lines: the LCN is indeed different (as mentioned somewhere before). I never seen issues with this for my setup though.

2010-04-02 13:52:06.356445 [(11)]: Found: DVBC:tv:Welho
    Mosaiikki 4 Freq:146000 ONID:42249 TSID:80 SID:65104 PMT:0x21 FTA:True LCN:497 SymbolRate:6900 Modulation:Mod128Qam

2010-04-02 14:50:26.427734 [(13)]: Controller: channel #1 DVBC:tv:Welho
    Mosaiikki 4 Freq:146000 ONID:42249 TSID:80 SID:65104 PMT:0x21 FTA:True LCN:10000 SymbolRate:6900 Modulation:Mod128Qam

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I found that DVBC channels are missing the LogicalChannelNumber when they are loaded/stored from/to database.

I patched the tvbusinesslayer.dll.

slarti, please do this:
    • Make a backup of this file,
    • remove all tv channels with frequency 146000,
    • do a fresh scan of the single frequency 146000, Mod128Qam
    • post logfiles!

But I really have no idea if the tuning issue is related to the LCN, tuning works for me in all cases (LCN 42 or 10000)....

edit: added to mantis, fix will be in 1.1 RC2 http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=2821

Attachments

• dvbc_lcn_missing.patch
      30.7 KB
    • TvBusinessLayer.zip
      30.6 KB

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Ok, here you are.

Can't test if the channels are working, though. I don't have a valid subscription for them.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

thanks.

I also did a complete rescan and can find some real LCN's too. So this is at least a bug that gets fixed now :)

back to the thread topic:
    what exact channel you cannot tune? what is your issue with full/manual scan?

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: AW: PMT Issues - Can only tune channels from single frequency

what exact channel you cannot tune? what is your issue with full/manual scan?

Can't remember which ones I can tune but there weren't many. Most of the channels don't work. I think it's in the logs somewhere because I did the timeshift test on all channels.

It's not a real problem for me since I manually added the transponders to the welho xml and everything worked just fine after that. I initially thought I could just let tv-server do the work for me but it didn't :p So only the advanced tuning thing is not working right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom