Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TV-Server Version: 1.1.0 RC-1 rev25080
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC-1 rev25080
    MediaPortal Skin: BleazleWide
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition
    HDD: 2xWD Caviar RE2-GP 1TB 16MB (SATAII)
    Memory: 2xKingston 1GB, 1066MHz, DDR2, Non-ECC, CL7
    Motherboard: MSI K9A2GM-FIH
    Video Card: ATI HD3200 (onboard) + ATI HD3450 (via Crossfire)
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst™ v9.8 (17-08-2009)
    Sound Card AC3: Realtek® ALC888 (onboard)
    Sound Card Driver: Realtek High Definition Audio vR2.39 (15-12-2009)
    1. TV Card: Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV C-CI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.7.N beta (28-11-2008)
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD9 (for video) / ATI MPEG Video Decoder (for TV)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Spdiffer
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC v1.2.1043.0
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Ziggo
    HTPC Case: OrigenAE S10V Black
    Cooling: Scythe SCSK-1000 Shuriken
    Power Supply: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro,Retail, 450Watt
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 885
    TV: Panasonic TH-42PV70 Plasma
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI through Marantz SR6002 AV

Sorry for this repost, but I hope to get the attention of a dev to look into this issue. TV is a huge problem currently, but the logs seem to give some info. I can't interpret that info though.

A clean install of Windows Vista and a new install of MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1. All runs well for a few days and then the problems start again. After putting the system in standby for about two times, TV starts to produce GRAPH errors again. No way to get TV started. TV Service is running, but unable to start GRAPH is the error that comes up.

I attached full logfiles with several tries to start TV, without succes. The issue occurs with both the PowerDVD driver and Windows native MPEG driver. I hope, truly hope, someone can come up with a solution. I have the debug option to restart GRAPH enabled, but no solution here.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    4roma,

I have had exactly the same problems throughout my mediaportal carreer (about 3 years). It is exactly as you describe: It happens after waking up. I had a clean install yesterday running w7 32bit, but I have had it running vista as well. Now it happens for me steady after each wake-up. This problem lead me to leave mediaportal and run w7 MCE, however I'm back with MP just since yesterday.

Try to stop TV service in the tv server configuration and restart it right after. If you run MP now the problems is most likely gone. I now have "reinitialize service" checkbox checked in the powerscheduler plugin (tv server) Make sure you have exactly the same setting on the client power sched plugin as with the tv server plugin.
    Also disable hibernation in the energy management and make sure MP goes to suspend (S3 iso S4).

I'm pretty sure it has to do with FIREDTV CI card. I will now try to upgrade My alphacrypt to see if that will work.

Reinitialising is not a big problem, it means that TV function is about 5 seconds slower to function after waking up, however stable for me now. This didnot work for me with previous builds, now however I'm running stable. But I also have had instances where problems started after 2 weeks, however that was after f**ing around with a lot of settings too.

BTW I am also running the upgraded core.dll file given somewhere in this forum, which handles the graph building differently (pretty sure that it is not the cause of the problem however, but it works).

I also had problems using the MS codecs and I'm now using Cyberlink. The only other codecs/filters I have installed is HAAI.

Hope this helps.

The problem is really annoying but at least it is now stable. The wife will get really cranky if MP hangs:)

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your reply ghanz. I'm close to a ritual burning of my HTPC :( My wife is handing me the matches right now.

I've tried all options you mentioned without luck. Went back to older VGA drivers and all kind of different options offered around the forums. I'm (or we) am not the only one with mentioned problems. None of the possible solutions around works. The odd thing is it once worked flawless for a long time, but it was a long time ago and I can't think of a change in my system that could have brought this issue. I a system works good, I leave it alone. I hope a dev is able to find something in the logs, but I'm afraid I need to revert back to Windows Media Center for a more stable working setup. Dissapointing...

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I agree,

In previous builds things were more stable for me. MS DTV codec was working great. In this version I can only get a reliable system wityh cyberlink codecs, otherwise either zapping will take too long, or switching from SD to HD and back will make the screen black. TV is still 75% of my HTPC usage and the most used by the wife. I have even considered leaving the HTPC on by default (the whole year) to avoid problems. W7 MCE is far more stable with the tv function, however the rest is crap. I have also thought of customizing windows MCE (with mce studio) so to use the tv function of MCE and Mediaportal for everything else. Either way my wife is really fed up with me fiddeling around with the mediacenter.

I got the tip however that ATI has it's own codecs and this could make things more stable. I won't give up just yet (close) but I will keep you updated in my search to get stable.
    I just read that the DVB subtitles settings could also be of influence. With my system it seems that teletekst subtitles are on by default, so it might be worth looking into.

It's gonna be really hard to leave mediaportal (I'm running xfactor skin with moving pictures tv series and fanart plugin, which is mindblowingly beautifull)

I also read that people are using a SVN build of RC1, however I cannot find this. We are a long way from being Wife Proof :(

Edit: I see you already found the ATI mpeg codec :)

Further investigation:

I searched the german forums. They are still having problems with standby and firedtv cards. There are 2 options I will try (problably tonight or tomorrow). First is to install the legacy FireWire driver as suggested by digitall everywhere. I had this during my last setup and it was more stable (forgot about that). It is supposed to be for multi-tuner support but seems to increase the waking up as well. next they swear with the MPstandbyHandler plugin (haven't tried that yet).

dussss....

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ghanz, have you succeeded in creating a more stable system? I'm about to uninstall and leave MediaPortal forever. The bugs in TV annoy me way to much and it seems no dev is coming up with some sort of solution. I have my system reboot every night to save some functionality, but it's a big drama still. I know what you mean about leaving MP, but the irritation is too much.

As soon as I have some time to spare, it's going to be a fresh Windows install with Media Center. Maybe a good time to go to Win7. Thanks for your support in this problem ;)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    4roma,

three things:

• Install legacy firewire drivers
    • Improve reception quality: "2010-03-15 06:00:04.319349 [(12)]: ***** SIGNAL LEVEL: 0, SIGNAL QUALITY: 0 *****"
    • Check you CAM: "2010-03-15 06:10:31.397378 [(15)]: FireDTV:GetCAMStatus() failed 0x80070079"

Many team members are using DE cards without any issues so it's nothing general, but something specific to your system.

Can you create a clean database with 1.1.0 RC1 please ? This will assure you'll get default values that work for amny of us.

Simone

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your reply chemelli, but:

- AFAIK there are no legacy drivers for Vista
    - Reception quality is very good, but MP does not recognize it after 3 standby moments
    - Please elaborate on how or what to check with my CAM

I had a clean database since I did a complete reinstall of Windows and a clean MP install. Problems are there from day one.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    4Roma,

My problems were based on 2 problems actually. First of all I had problems with the codecs. I couldnot get a stable solution working with MS-DTV codecs. Zapping from SD to HD resulted in a black screen, and after 10 minutes of watching I experienced stuttering. Using cyberlink codecs resulted in poor performance with faster images, but was stable. I tried the altered core.dll, however this was no use either. I now installed Disaster edition (newest SVN plus slight add-ons), CoreAVC for h246 TV and ATI mpeg for SD TV. For the video's I'm Using microsoft. This results in a stable working solution with normal zap behaviour and a good quality, as long as I won't go into standby!! My system remains on for now, so my wife can enjoy TV!! I have this setup running for 4 days without any problems.

Leaving the standby issue : I will upgrade my CAM firmware (I know it can improve zapping times as well as PMT settings). I will try to check wether MPstandbyhandler can work. Leaving the mediacenter on for ever should not be the solution.

I will post my logs when testing (this friday since I am away for work tomorrow and wednesday) so maybe this can be resolved by the dev-team. If necsessary I will do a clean install again, because I know disaster editions / svn's are not supported by the dev-team.

BTW I have 3 friends using the same setup and all have gone to MCE because of these problems, I still haven't trown the towel!

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    DUDE!!!

succes!! Stable as a rock!! Just download MCEStandbytool beta for windows7. Install with advanced options(just say yes). select away mode:never / Sleep S3 / Mediaportal :do not start or stop / select windows idle tab and push show sleep blocker (my system had 1 old kernel issue). thats all !! Sleep is no problem anymore! it is super fast super stable.

let me know if it works, It is good to be back in the fun zone! :)

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice ghanz, to hear the problem is solved for you.

I disabled the Power Scheduler plugin in MP and installed MCEStandbyTool. So far did a couple of automatic and manual standby cycles, and TV keeps working. First results are promissing, but I keep some reservation here. Solutions I tried so far didn't solve it in the end. I keep watching my system and report back here. If this is the solution, I owe you a cold beer ghanz ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom