[Poll] External Video Players (1 Viewer)

Which external video player are you using?

• mxPlayer

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • vPlayer

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • MoboPlayer

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • DicePlayer

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • RockPlayer

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters

randomman

Portal Member
September 30, 2011
Home Country
I can't stream using the internal player because it keeps failing and crashing. Using the default Samsung Galaxy S3 software for external playing works flawlessly. My only issue though is the time scroll bar doesn't work, starts at 0:00 and ends at 0:00 and scrolling doesn't work. I've tried mxPlayer and that seems to have playback issues and also doesn't have a working time scroll bar.

Anyone know any external player that does have a working time scroll bar that streams fine on a Samsung Galaxy S3? Thanks. :)

EDIT: You press the 'back' button on your Android device to go back to the internal media players overlay and then you can time bar scroll there. Then it goes back the external player. All sorted.

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just found this thread here^^

I'm using the moboPlayer because it can handle the TS-Stream very well! I also tried the Daroon player, it was good, but not good enough^^

Now I'm using the VLC Beta, on android it is a killer like on the PC ;)
    So I would recommend everyone the VLC Player, it is just a nice and light peace of software and the best: it is open source^^

Dj_Moren

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Watching movies, tv shows and so on with an external video player, is possible to select the minute you want to watch like using the internal video player? I,ve tried some and it wasn't possible (i.e. dice player and mx player)

Last edited:

dale77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    BS Player, the only app I've found that can play mediaportal .ts over the lan. VPlayer used to work, but no longer since the Jellybean upgrade on my Asus Transformer Pad.

jgsteinmetz

Portal Member
    February 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Watching movies, tv shows and so on with an external video player, is possible to select the minute you want to watch like using the internal video player? I,ve tried some and it wasn't possible (i.e. dice player and mx player)

With MX Player (and other I'm assuming) if you start playing a video in the external player and then hit back, it'll take you to the internal player where you can seek to the place you want and then hit play again, and it'll switch back to the external player at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom