Portugal grabber for Tv-cabo not working (1 Viewer)

Wonderm00n

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Seixal, "a margem certa"
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
TV-CABO is sending 5 days EPG with the DVB signal .

I only have analog card, so I think I can only use the grabber option (which does not work).

I wanted to use DVB-C or DVB-S, but it seems that MediaPortal does not support any kind of cardsharing or descrambling, and I don't want to make a subscription for the TV Cabo digital (cable or satellite) service... I already give a lot of money to them :p

hdsousa

Portal Member
November 25, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Im going to give a look at the xml file!

/Edit
I just installed a fresh copy of Media Portal, and im using only the PT grabber and the file TVGuide.xml is being created. Looks like its working.

This is my first try with the EPG, so i don't know if this is already corrected, and no one updated this topic, or if im doing something wrong!

Wonderm00n

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Seixal, "a margem certa"
Home Country
Portugal Portugal

/Edit
I just installed a fresh copy of Media Portal, and im using only the PT grabber and the file TVGuide.xml is being created. Looks like its working.

This is my first try with the EPG, so i don't know if this is already corrected, and no one updated this topic, or if im doing something wrong!

I've also just installed a fresh Media Portal and the PT grabber does run, but it does not get any Portuguese channels...
It's getting a lot of other channels like BBC, Animal Channel, ARY Digital. At The Races, ...

hdsousa: Are you getting the Portuguese channels?

Meanwhile I've made a small PHP script that is running on a cron on my webserver.

This PHP script goes through the new TV Cabo website and gets the EPG from there and returns it as a xmltv formatted file.

Anyone can use it.

Here's how to get it:

1)
Get wget for windows (http://pages.interlog.com/~tcharron/wgetwin.html)

2)
Make a BAT file with the following commands (please adapt the paths to your needs):
Code:
d:
cd D:\Utils\epg
wget http://wonderm00n.blog.com.pt/_epg/index.php
move index.php "D:\Apps\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\XMLTV\TvGuide.xml"

3)
Make a shortcut to this BAT file on the same directory, right-click it, "Shortcut" > "Run": "Minimized"

4)
Create a windows scheduled task to run the shortcut (not the BAT file) 3 or 4 times a day (every 4 hours for instance...)

I'm only getting the abbreviated descriptions, and for the current day and the next... I know this is far from good, but I wasn't able to fully understand the navigation scheme of the new TV Cabo website.

Anyway... This is better than nothing...

If anyone has good PHP skills and wants to help making this script better, I can provide the source, and I can also keep this running on my webserver so that anyone who wants can use it.

hdsousa

Portal Member
November 25, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal

/Edit

I've also just installed a fresh Media Portal and the PT grabber does run, but it does not get any Portuguese channels...
It's getting a lot of other channels like BBC, Animal Channel, ARY Digital. At The Races, ...

Meanwhile I've made a small PHP script that is running on a cron on my webserver.

This PHP script goes through the new TV Cabo website and gets the EPG from there and returns it as a xmltv formatted file.

Anyone can use it.

Here's how to get it:

1)

2)
Make a BAT file with the following commands (please adapt the paths to your needs):
Code:
d:

3)
Make a shortcut to this BAT file on the same directory, right-click it, "Shortcut" > "Run": "Minimized"

4)
Create a windows scheduled task to run the shortcut (not the BAT file) 3 or 4 times a day (every 4 hours for instance...)

I'm only getting the abbreviated descriptions, and for the current day and the next... I know this is far from good, but I wasn't able to fully understand the navigation scheme of the new TV Cabo website.

If anyone has good PHP skills and wants to help making this script better, I can provide the source, and I can also keep this running on my webserver so that anyone who wants can use it.

Hi,

Yes i have the Portuguese channels, and i have confirmed that its working ( not fully ) with the TVcabo web page.
I have choose the TVguide.xml in the media portal configuration of the grabber, and i have deleted all the folders of the grabbers from other country's (well i moved the folders to other location) , this way the grabber only ises the PT folder, with the PT grabber for TVcabo, and it was able to get the Portuguese channels, and the information of the time and name of the program for the next days.

The only thing that he is not able to get its the description of each program.

I am quite new to Media Portal, i have just build my first HTPC and Media Portal is my partner right now, but i am still analysing and learning how he works. I was a programmer so i will start develop for MP after i understand a little more about how it works, so i will probably work on the grabber in the future.

I though on doing what you did! But if the original grabber works i will leave PHP out of this :D

Regards ( Cumprimentos )
Hugo

Wonderm00n

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Seixal, "a margem certa"
Home Country
Portugal Portugal

/Edit

Anyone can use it.

Here's how to get it:

1)

2)
Code:
d:

3)

4)

Hi,

Yes i have the Portuguese channels, and i have confirmed that its working ( not fully ) with the TVcabo web page.
I have choose the TVguide.xml in the media portal configuration of the grabber, and i have deleted all the folders of the grabbers from other country's (well i moved the folders to other location) , this way the grabber only ises the PT folder, with the PT grabber for TVcabo, and it was able to get the Portuguese channels, and the information of the time and name of the program for the next days.

The only thing that he is not able to get its the description of each program.

I am quite new to Media Portal, i have just build my first HTPC and Media Portal is my partner right now, but i am still analysing and learning how he works. I was a programmer so i will start develop for MP after i understand a little more about how it works, so i will probably work on the grabber in the future.

I though on doing what you did! But if the original grabber works i will leave PHP out of this :D

Regards ( Cumprimentos )
Hugo

Pois...

How many days do you get with the grabber?

Maybe I'll try it, but I will really miss the descriptions. Maybe we don't get the descriptions using the grabber because of the same reason I can't get more that 48 hours of scheduling from TV Cabo website: The navigation is very confusing for my PHP script to be able to get more...

Um abraço,
Wonderm00n

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom