[confirm] Possible memory leak with MPaudiorenderer (1 Viewer)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, I have been using MP 1.3.0B for a while now and I was noticing a few crashes here and there with what looks like System.OutOfMemoryException errors. The other day I noticed that when I ended the mediaportal.exe process it had consumed 1.1GB of memory so that let me to do some tests.

It seems that if I choose any renderer other that MPAudiorenderer (Reclock or Default) there doesn't seem to be any issues.

As I write this I am doing another test watching a movie, with a few more plugins disabled, the memory usage in task manager continues to get larger.

I have attached my logs from two days ago just after a System.OutOfMemoryException: error. At the time the process was using 1.1GB.

I have tried different settings for MPAudiorenderer with no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please note, my TV doesn't handle 24Hz hence the need for MPAudiorenderer and I use AC3Encoding.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It looks like a memory leak somewhere @tourettes any idea ? :)

edit : Just read again the name of topic and i feel Idiot lol

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please note, my TV doesn't handle 24Hz hence the need for MPAudiorenderer and I use AC3Encoding.

Have you tried disabling the AC3 encoding? Also does the leak seem to happen with all video files you are playing or just with some specific types of content?

Has anyone else seen anything that could point to a memory leak direction in MediaPortal Audio Renderer?

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    G'day tourettes, thanks for looking at this.
    I have only been trying with 23.976hz mkv's so far. I'll try some other files when I get back home tonight.
    As far as I remember I did try with AC3 turned off but just to be sure I'll try again.
    Thanks

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I would say it is AC3 encoding related leak:

d:\mediaportal-1-fork\directshowfilters\mpaudiorenderer\source\ac3encoderfilter.cpp(291) : {8510} normal block at 0x0E1BE128, 40 bytes long
    d:\mediaportal-1-fork\directshowfilters\mpaudiorenderer\source\ac3encoderfilter.cpp(515) : {24585} normal block at 0x130F6F80, 1792 bytes long.

Please try to confirm that the leak happens only with the AC3 encoding enabled. Odd that no one else has reported the issue earlier, in any case we need to fix that for 1.3.0 RC.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would say it is AC3 encoding related leak:

d:\mediaportal-1-fork\directshowfilters\mpaudiorenderer\source\ac3encoderfilter.cpp(291) : {8510} normal block at 0x0E1BE128, 40 bytes long
    d:\mediaportal-1-fork\directshowfilters\mpaudiorenderer\source\ac3encoderfilter.cpp(515) : {24585} normal block at 0x130F6F80, 1792 bytes long.

Please try to confirm that the leak happens only with the AC3 encoding enabled. Odd that no one else has reported the issue earlier, in any case we need to fix that for 1.3.0 RC.

I was thinking the same thing and was sure it was an issue with my system only. I'll check tonight for you, approx 5 hours time.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, I have just tested a movie, 23.976hz mkv with AC3 encoding disabled, and yes it looks like there is still a memory issue (10MB rise in approx 7mins).
    I'll let it play through and check after the movie finishes, however I'll be catching some shut eye so I'll post logs etc in the morning if you need (timezone GMT+8) :sleep:
    Tomorrow I'll do some thorough testing and post more logs.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Ok, I have just tested a movie, 23.976hz mkv with AC3 encoding disabled, and yes it looks like there is still a memory issue (10MB rise in approx 7mins).
    I'll let it play through and check after the movie finishes, however I'll be catching some shut eye so I'll post logs etc in the morning if you need (timezone GMT+8) :sleep:
    Tomorrow I'll do some thorough testing and post more logs.

Logs wont help - leaks can be fixed only if I'm able to reproduce those. With the AC3 encoding I was able to find two leaks which the memory allocation tracking was able to show.

Minimal process memory rise / fluctuation is normal, especially for the managed (C#) applications where the garbage colletor wont instantly start to free the unused memory.

I'll provide a fixed audio renderer soon (AC3 leak fix).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom