[confirm] Possible memory leak with MPaudiorenderer (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Here is the patched audio renderer .ax file. To test the fix:

1) backup the old mpaudiorenderer.ax file in MP installation folder
    2) unzip the new .ax in MP installation folder

Attachments

• mpaudiorenderer.zip
      1.4 MB

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I have just tested your patched audio renderer, with AC3 encoder set to forced.
    I have played some different types of videofiles (mkv,bluray,mpeg2(dvd)) and found no System.OutOfMemoryException errors.

Attachments

• AudioRenderer.bak
      4.7 MB
    • Configuration.bak
      40.6 KB
    • MediaPortal.bak
      110.5 KB
    Last edited:

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have installed your new patch but unfortunately have been unable to test thoroughly today (so far no issues though), sorry but too much cricket and live tv to do proper testing. I'll be able to test properly tomorrow (wife will be home testing shows for me).

You mentioned before about memory increases/fluctuations due to c# code. What sort of memory usage should I be seeing?
    So far today all I have noticed is a 10mb or so increase after a 40min 23.976mkv.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    You mentioned before about memory increases/fluctuations due to c# code. What sort of memory usage should I be seeing?
    So far today all I have noticed is a 10mb or so increase after a 40min 23.976mkv.

It is hard to say what kind of memory graphs the .NET's garbage collector will show you :)

The two leaks that I was able to find (C++ runtime & our leak detection code could find)

#1 few kbs per played file (this you cannot see and it would take few years to be able to cause out of memory with this)
    #2 whole AC3 encoded stream was leaked. This is few hundred MBs per played video (depending on the lenght of the video and audio channel count / bitrate etc.).

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi tourettes, i have had a couple of days to run your patch with various file formats and so far all seems well.
    All I have noticed is the memory usage to go from about 120MB after a fresh startup to about 450MB after a couple of days worth of use (normal I assume).
    Thanks again for the patch. I'll keep you informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom