possible to integrate skin creator tool ??? (1 Viewer)

Rico

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Straelen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear Mediaportal Team

is it maybe possible to integrate in the upcoming releases of mediaportal
a skin creating tool so that we create our own skins
that should really be a nice feature

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am not a mp dev, but i highly doubt that will come with any mp release.
    A skin editor would have to be a own programm, not a new mp feature.
    I remember the first and second try to create a skin editor for xbmc.
    The second one was usuable somehow, but as fas as i know never finished completly.

I agree, a skin editor would be very nice. But in my opinion this shouldnt be the task of the mp devs, or lets say
    i "prefer" to see them working on mp itself insted of a mp skin editor.

In fact, beside of creating the graphics and maybe the sounds, all you need if notepad.
    If you do know nothing about the skin structure even a skin editor would not help you to create one.

I would recommend starting to play around with a already finished skin to learn how skins a made.
    Change it the way you would like it and share the changes with others, if you want to.

Rico

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    Straelen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

I agree with you that the MP dev team should stick to MP only
    but it was only a question maybe that someone reads it and decidec ro make a skin editing tool
    i nkow a little about skinning so thats not a problem

but it should be handy for the mediaportal users that dont know anything about skinning

we will see what the future will bring

thanks for your answer m8

grtzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom