Post Processing disappears when changing channels (1 Viewer)

Andrew Rowlett

October 3, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I have setup post processing as per the wiki guide to up-scale my TV picture. This works fine when I first start to watch TV. The problems comes when I change channels and move from a SD to HD picture.

When Changing between SD -> HD or HD -> SD the post processing gets cancelled and option is removed from the context menu. Even if I go back to channels that were previously working they no longer have post processing option. If I start the TV on a HD channel post processing is working but when I move to an SD channel it goes again. I can get the post processing to start again by turning off the TV and then back on again.

Any advise/help would be appreciated as I've been scratching my head over this one for a while now.

Thanks,
Andy

richardb70

Portal Member
April 26, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi, I've got virtually the same issue! Added ffdshow post processing exactly as per the wiki, and I can see the ffdshow icon in the taskbar when first watching a TV show (if running MePo in window mode). Change a channel and it vanishes. I'm attaching my logs, and had a nose around myself. The following looks interesting:

2012-10-30 12:24:49.802593 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Check graph connections for: Enhanced Video Renderer
2012-10-30 12:24:49.802593 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Check graph connections for: Default DirectSound Device
2012-10-30 12:24:49.802593 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Check graph connections for: ffdshow raw video filter
2012-10-30 12:24:49.812593 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: - remove done
2012-10-30 12:24:49.812593 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Check graph connections for: LAV Video Decoder
2012-10-30 12:24:49.813593 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Check graph connections for: LAV Audio Decoder
2012-10-30 12:24:49.813593 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Check graph connections for: TsReader

If the recommendation is going to 1.3.0 alpha, how stable is this? I'm happy with everything else, so don't really want to break anything!

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Richard,

You can backup your product and give a try on 1.3.0Alpha (but it's an alpha).
    For sure Post Processing should be fixed in this version.
    Thanks.

richardb70

Portal Member
    April 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi Sebastiii,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. It's not too much of a big deal for me at the moment so I'll wait for 1.3.0 to go to Beta at least.

There's nothing obvious in the logs to show a problem with my setup? I noticed at the same time that ReClock is also processing my live TV even though I haven't selected it as my audio renderer (using "Default DirectSound" instead). Sorry to hijack the thread...!

Cheers,
    Richard

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I noticed at the same time that ReClock is also processing my live TV even though I haven't selected it as my audio renderer (using "Default DirectSound" instead). Sorry to hijack the thread...!

ReClock is probably injecting itself when ever any application uses Default DirectShow audio renderer. Try blacklisting MediaPortal's process under ReClock or set ReClock not to inject itself.

richardb70

Portal Member
    April 26, 2012
    Home Country
    I noticed at the same time that ReClock is also processing my live TV even though I haven't selected it as my audio renderer (using "Default DirectSound" instead). Sorry to hijack the thread...!

ReClock is probably injecting itself when ever any application uses Default DirectShow audio renderer. Try blacklisting MediaPortal's process under ReClock or set ReClock not to inject itself.

Thanks Tourettes,

It was actually intentional for ReClock to be working with MediaPortal - I use it for my downloaded TV episodes, which are 720p and generally 24fps or thereabouts. My TV is "old school" (Pioneer plasma) and can only manage 50 or 60Hz. So I whitelisted MediaPortal within ReClock and selected it for the audio renderer under Videos. Maybe I need to have a bit of a play around with it.

Andrew Rowlett

October 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for the slow response. I upgraded to 1.3 and it fixed the problem. Been running on the Alpha release since Friday and not seen any that's causing me any problems either! Only watch out is loosing logo's and some set-up setting after upgrade.

Thanks all for your assistance.

Regards,
    Andy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom